[MOD 0.12.x] CyberChest 0.9.1 (ported by jorgenRe)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] CyberChest 0.9.1 (ported by jorgenRe)

Post by Alexs »

I have the same problem with overcrowding.
It should definitely be a using a system connection with signal cables.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Wery cool mod(wersion 0.10.21), but i have same issue like these guys, no logistics connection:
Arduin wrote:
Darkestnoir wrote:Logistic network not connecting with the Cyberchest (i mean the red and green wire stuff).
Oh that would be super handy if logistic wire setups would work with this. Currently my problem is that I can easily overfill a cyberchest with ingredients, since there is no option to read the contents via the wires
Alexs wrote:I have the same problem with overcrowding.
It should definitely be a using a system connection with signal cables.
Hope for fix. Thank you.

cookta2012
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cookta2012 »

I plan on looking at what has been done pushing them to the github and looking to see about a fix in the next day or two

Chao
cookta2012

whizzball1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by whizzball1 »

Hello!

I can't seem to load 0.12.30 maps with the latest version of CyberChest. I get this error: https://gyazo.com/e60094a6f7f01b009d2264af6609f84d Is the mod compatible yet?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

whizzball1 wrote:Hello!

I can't seem to load 0.12.30 maps with the latest version of CyberChest. I get this error: https://gyazo.com/e60094a6f7f01b009d2264af6609f84d Is the mod compatible yet?
Here is the actual wersion of this mod, but without the system of connection with signal cables:

viewtopic.php?p=126508#p126508

gaza9422
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gaza9422 »

currently usign version 0.10.21 of cyber chest. how can i automate input an out puts of items without causign overflow as currently cant conect cyber chest to any smart inserters and this is a problem as having to put things in by had to stop it breaking the production line or overflowing

A.creature
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by A.creature »

Some one can fix 0.9.3 or 0.10.0 version to clear work ?

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

gaza9422 wrote:currently usign version 0.10.21 of cyber chest.
I just started using CyberChest, and even while using "only" version 0.9.2, it has the same problem of no wire network connection.
gaza9422 wrote:how can i automate input an out puts of items without causign overflow as currently cant conect cyber chest to any smart inserters ...
of course, that would be best when i need to provide several different resources for it. but currently, my chest doesn't overflow by using the following setup for producing belts and inserters (to provide them to a row of assemblers that create green science):

in the CyberChest, i limit the available space to the first one or two rows and fill that space completely, one half for iron plates and the other for copper plates. It probably would also work by making available only two stacks (one each for iron and copper), but having more stacks is just to have some security in case a stack should run empty and be filled by other items. in that case there are still more stacks of iron and copper available. most important: having one or two belts which are full of iron and copper plates and refill those stacks in the CyberChest to keep it at maximum.
The items which the chest produces go to the red "off-limits" area of the chest, when the tech "Inventory override" has been researched (description ingame: "Bypasses inventory limit, allowing cyberchests to insert items into the offlimits slots"). As long as you don't produce a total of items that doesn't fit the rather large available space in that red area, those items have a space to go to and not cause anything to overflow.
the problem still exists: if (for some short time) iron and copper belts can't keep their stacks filled, produced items or the wrong type of plates might go to those slots instead of to the red "off-limits" area and cause a deadlock. The only safe method would be to to use smart inserters which check the contents of the chest (via wire network).

but i have several other problems with this mod (version 0.9.2):

1. after researching "CyberFusion", the chest seems to get re-initialized. The recipes and everything stay as i set them up, but the chest searches again for an assembler and starts using another assembler which messes up the setup. it can easily be fixed by using the arrows to select the correct assembler again (and of course also selecting that other assembler, setting up its correct intended production, etc), but after researching the next tier of CyberFusion, the same happens again.

2. after a while and researching a few more techs (thus i don't know when it happened), i found two identical items in my inventory which i didn't make, which have no icon, which don't stack, and the description on both of them is
unknown key: "item-name.cyber_speed_module"
CyberChest
Energy consumption: +70%
Speed: +50%
I didn't create ANY modules myself, the assembler connected to the chest (and also the other assembler which was used when problem(1) occured) are the vanilla blue tier 2 assemblers (each with two empty module slots), and none of them has any modules, but the cyberchest and its connected assembler felt to be faster even without a module in them. when inserting this iconless module into the used assembler, the speed increases additionally by quite a bit, and even more so if i insert both of those iconless modules. I even tried inserting those modules into another unconnected assembler and it seems to work: two of these modules double the speed (2 times +50%).
- Is it intended use, having to insert those modules into the assembler ? (thus i wouldn't be able to use any normal modules at the same time, assemler tier 1 couldn't benefit from the CyberFusion tech at all, and even tier 2 assemblers couldn't profit from more than tier 2 of the Cyberfusion tech)
- did i get those two modules from a bug (eg one each for the techs CyberFusion 1 and 2) ?
- and how can i get more of these modules (not only for cheating with other assemblers, but eg when setting up a second or third of those cyberchests) ?

I'll test what happens when i "upgrade" the mod from 0.9.2 to 0.10.21 ...

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

one can still hope for an update right? :D

Return to “Mods”