Stack size bonus
24%
Lab research rate
6%
Follower robot count
12%
None (it's fine the way it is)
18%
Other (please leave a comment with suggestion)
12%

Total votes: 17

Natfrac42
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Expanded Robot Technologies

Post by Natfrac42 »

Unfortunately, AFAIK, that is not possible in the current game state as the speed and cargo already have technology modifiers but charge capacity and energy use don't.

The only way i have found around it is to use bobs logistics mod, or another like it, which adds in extra tiers of robots with increased charge and decreased energy use. Steejo's bobs mods mega train series on YT uses both of these, eventually, so you can see how ridiculously fast the robots get.

Sorry i couldn't help you :(
Download my mods here - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Faltease

Expanded Robot Technologies
Character Logistics Slots
Decrease Rocket Launch Sound

djnekkid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by djnekkid »

yes, that is an option, but some games I try to have as vanilla as possible, its just that the max robot speed is to slow :P

Thank you for a quick awnser anyway :D

POPISowyNumer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by POPISowyNumer »

If I were to suggest one thing, I'd say that creating some way to configure amount of tiers, bonus modifiers and tech price would be godsend in such mod.
Also, I think it'd be great to introduce all such upgradeable techs in this mod.

You could also try to come up with a way to create new techs giving off new bonuses, by examining how current mods work.

Anyways, thank you for this mod.

Natfrac42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Natfrac42 »

POPISowyNumer wrote:If I were to suggest one thing, I'd say that creating some way to configure amount of tiers, bonus modifiers and tech price would be godsend in such mod.
I have actually been trying to work on a fully configurable version for a while but i'm not a programmer. I think it is a neat idea but personally i wouldn't want more than 10 or so sets of logistics slots, robot speed is a different matter altogether!!!!!!

If you just want a mod for increasing the amount of science there is in the game I am working on an "endless" science mod which i could release soonish.
POPISowyNumer wrote:I think it'd be great to introduce all such upgradeable techs in this mod.

You could also try to come up with a way to create new techs giving off new bonuses, by examining how current mods work.
I think that the other upgradable techs (such as lab research speed and bullet damage) don't really fit this mod but it would be pretty easy to create another to do those. With regards to creating new techs, I don't know of a way to do this. See my previous post. Sorry :(

Please let me know if you think these are a good idea

Natfrac42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Natfrac42 »

In light of the new 0.15 update adding in more robot tech and stuff i'll probably cut this back to just the character logistics slots and trash slots. IT MAY BE IN THE FORM OF A NEW MOD HAVEN'T DECIDED YET!!! Stay tuned

Return to “Mods”