Topics and discussion about specific mods
Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12]Galactic Trade

Post by Shanix »

coopmaster wrote:
Shanix wrote:
  • Loading a save, replacing all chests, saving and loading does nothing.
  • Starting a new save does allow for the chests to be used, however on save/load it bugs out with the usual bad localised item name.
  • With your mod disabled, I'm unable to load a save - Unknown Modifier type "240"
What I'm going to do right now is run through all of my mods' locale files, make sure the names are correct, then run with your mod again. I'm almost positive that the issue is on load, it doesn't read some name right and goes funky. Here is my personal modpack, everything but Air Filtering has compatibility installed the old way.

EDIT: Would it be possible to ignore some mods?
My mod shouldn't show an error if there is a missing localised name, it should just have a weird name when you click on it in the buying trading chest. Are you sure it's my mod? Could it be any other mod? I will try your mod pack later and see if I can figure it out but I don't think that those errors are coming from my mod. Again though I will check it out later and see if I can figure out what is wrong.
Right, just tested with only your mod, Time Buttons, and WaiTex texture pack. Same problem, it the chests will work on start but after saving and loading the error persists.

This is all working for you mate? You haven't had any of these problems?

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Shanix wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
Shanix wrote:
  • Loading a save, replacing all chests, saving and loading does nothing.
  • Starting a new save does allow for the chests to be used, however on save/load it bugs out with the usual bad localised item name.
  • With your mod disabled, I'm unable to load a save - Unknown Modifier type "240"
What I'm going to do right now is run through all of my mods' locale files, make sure the names are correct, then run with your mod again. I'm almost positive that the issue is on load, it doesn't read some name right and goes funky. Here is my personal modpack, everything but Air Filtering has compatibility installed the old way.

EDIT: Would it be possible to ignore some mods?
My mod shouldn't show an error if there is a missing localised name, it should just have a weird name when you click on it in the buying trading chest. Are you sure it's my mod? Could it be any other mod? I will try your mod pack later and see if I can figure it out but I don't think that those errors are coming from my mod. Again though I will check it out later and see if I can figure out what is wrong.
Right, just tested with only your mod, Time Buttons, and WaiTex texture pack. Same problem, it the chests will work on start but after saving and loading the error persists.

Oh, so I didn't realize that 0.12.1 released and my mod currently doesn't work with it. I will fix it then post a new version later today.

EDIT: So it turns out they changed it to where variables would get reset when loading the mod (it used to just save them). It should be fixed now, but you might need to replace your chests one last time.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shanix »

coopmaster wrote:
Shanix wrote: Right, just tested with only your mod, Time Buttons, and WaiTex texture pack. Same problem, it the chests will work on start but after saving and loading the error persists.

Oh, so I didn't realize that 0.12.1 released and my mod currently doesn't work with it. I will fix it then post a new version later today.

EDIT: So it turns out they changed it to where variables would get reset when loading the mod (it used to just save them). It should be fixed now, but you might need to replace your chests one last time.
Looks like it's working man, excellent.
Last edited by Shanix on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mathew995
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mathew995 »

coopmaster wrote:
mathew995 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
mathew995 wrote:It seems that every time I load my save both chests need to be picked up and placed again to function.
Do you have any mods enabled? Do you get any errors? are you playing on an old save? If you are playing with mods, have you tried disabling all other mods except for mine? if you are getting an error like the other people, you can probably just update my mod to the newest version and it should work.
It gives me no error they just don't work, and I have tried it with only your mod same thing.
What doesn't work? Is it that the gui doesn't show up? Does it not trade resources? Some more details would be helpful.
the transactions and credits gui is fine but when I open the buy chest it only shows the enable toggle button and the sell chest just won't update value of items inside, breaking and placing the chests fixes all the issues.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

Looks like there is a bug with on_load(). I reported it here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=14231

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

johanwanderer wrote:Looks like there is a bug with on_load(). I reported it here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=14231
Thats not a bug since the on_save function is used for unloading, so the next thing that runs is the on_load so that mods can reload variables, ui, and stuff. on_init, for instance, initializes all of the variables and makes sure that everything is set; On load does that as well except that it checks to see if it should show the loading bar (even though the mod still checks item values). The problem with my mod was that I was trying to initialise a global variable and I think they changed the way that mods load, so that it was setting it to empty every time the mod loaded.

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

could u add negative symbol for expanses? it would help, its confusing without symbols for me (and possably others?)

Edit:If u can.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Boun6000 wrote:could u add negative symbol for expanses? it would help, its confusing without symbols for me (and possably others?)

Ya, sure I will add that in for the next update.

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Boun6000 wrote:could u add negative symbol for expanses? it would help, its confusing without symbols for me (and possably others?)

Ya, sure I will add that in for the next update.
Thx, i'll be waiting XD

Edit:Im glad i can sugest that, iwould say so, dnt u think? it make its econ better to control maybe?

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

How do i download this mod? :?

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

ps666 wrote:How do i download this mod? :?
under the "archive" section there is an attachments section, should say " GalacticTrade_0.5.2.zip"

Edit: you can also go to the archives since it also has the latest version there too.

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

Oh, thank you! :oops:
I clicked only at Download-Url and the Website Link(Google Drive).

FreekillX1Alpha
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FreekillX1Alpha »

So i can think of two things this mod needs: a search function for the buying chest (I'm using it with shadow's pack, and it is a pain to find the roboport among all 6 pages i have access to) and to have it output a list of items that lack costs after initializing into a text document (preferably with the item's name, entry name, and if possible the mod that added it). It' would cut down on writing down each of the entries, and then going through the processes of creating them in game (or finding them if their a resource) to determine their effective value. Hell, if you get that list working, maybe output another that has the ones with cost as well, showing all that data and their costs (would make tweaking things for packs alot easier).

Other then that, must say that this mod is a real time saver for me, as i tend to start new games frequently and having access to buying advanced infrastructure, such as laser turrets and roboports. really cuts down on time spent rebuilding everything. Although once you get a dynamic market in place i can't really keep feeding the market gold ore made from a replicator... will probably have to replicate something with nigh infinite aggregate demand, such as fuel or oil.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

FreekillX1Alpha wrote:So i can think of two things this mod needs: a search function for the buying chest (I'm using it with shadow's pack, and it is a pain to find the roboport among all 6 pages i have access to) and to have it output a list of items that lack costs after initializing into a text document (preferably with the item's name, entry name, and if possible the mod that added it). It' would cut down on writing down each of the entries, and then going through the processes of creating them in game (or finding them if their a resource) to determine their effective value. Hell, if you get that list working, maybe output another that has the ones with cost as well, showing all that data and their costs (would make tweaking things for packs alot easier).

Other then that, must say that this mod is a real time saver for me, as i tend to start new games frequently and having access to buying advanced infrastructure, such as laser turrets and roboports. really cuts down on time spent rebuilding everything. Although once you get a dynamic market in place i can't really keep feeding the market gold ore made from a replicator... will probably have to replicate something with nigh infinite aggregate demand, such as fuel or oil.
I will try working on a search box for the next update (not guaranteed for next update though). I will also look at outputting the list of items and their values since I think there is a way for mods to output files. I can also basically format it for you to copy and paste, you would just need to add the numbers at the end. I don't know if there is a way to get the mod that an item came from, but again I'll look into it. The dynamic economy I will have to where you can deactivate it if you don't want to worry about market prices. The market though will get larger over time so that as your factory grows, there will be more supply and demand. The reason I haven't actually implemented it yet is because I want the market to feel alive. The thing I want the most is to be able to do market manipulation. If some other factory depends on, let's say, electronic units a ton. I want you to be able to buy up all of the electronic units on the market and put your competition out of business. We'll see how it goes though :)

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

ps666 wrote:How do i download this mod? :?
on page 1 at the bottom

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

testing mod for 12.2

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

Boun6000 wrote:testing mod for 12.2
it works with 12.2

Edit:Will report anything odd going

Boun6000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Boun6000 »

could u make ur mod compatible with multiplayer? Please? Me and my bro r trying to play with it, and it just breaks the game it self(not the the point that wont work anymore but closes the game). If u can.

Edit:makes me a lil sad not to be able too

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Boun6000 wrote:could u make ur mod compatible with multiplayer? Please? Me and my bro r trying to play with it, and it just breaks the game it self(not the the point that wont work anymore but closes the game). If u can.

I will definitely work on it and get it out hopefully for the next release. I don't know how long it's going to take me though, probably a couple of days.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Boun6000 wrote:could u make ur mod compatible with multiplayer? Please? Me and my bro r trying to play with it, and it just breaks the game it self(not the the point that wont work anymore but closes the game). If u can.

I will definitely work on it and get it out hopefully for the next release. I don't know how long it's going to take me though, probably a couple of days.
bug

i send to mods in 0.12.2
https://yadi.sk/d/6fv5BnLNiM3KY
Attachments
ItemValues.txt
(24.7 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
TroubleItems.txt
(28.03 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
2015-08-09_10-05-54.jpg
2015-08-09_10-05-54.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 6457 times

Return to “Mods”