[MOD 0.12.x] More Locomotives!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] More Locomotives!

Post by winkieman »

Was really looking forward to using this mod, but does not seem to like 12.31... And now I see that 12.32 is out.

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

I've made a break from Factorio, so I didn't check. But I'll do soon, stay tuned ;)

winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by winkieman »

Sebb767 wrote:I've made a break from Factorio, so I didn't check. But I'll do soon, stay tuned ;)
Looking forward to it sir!

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

winkieman wrote:Was really looking forward to using this mod, but does not seem to like 12.31... And now I see that 12.32 is out.
I tested and it works for me (the 0.3 version, not sure about dev-master). What version are you using and whats failing?

winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by winkieman »

Sebb767 wrote:
winkieman wrote:Was really looking forward to using this mod, but does not seem to like 12.31... And now I see that 12.32 is out.
I tested and it works for me (the 0.3 version, not sure about dev-master). What version are you using and whats failing?
This is what I get.
Attachments
Not sure what it means by that.
Not sure what it means by that.
demo.JPG (32.33 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

winkieman wrote:
Sebb767 wrote:
This is what I get.
Use the download links on the Releases page, the one you want is more-locomotives_0.3.0.zip
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by winkieman »

Thank you Daniel34 that did it. I should have asked my Grandson before posting, oh well. :oops:

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, or missing something but I don't seem to be getting the results I'd expect.

I'm using more-locomotives-0.3.0 with 0.12.35. I'm seeing the fast-loco travelling slower than the diesel. To keep things simple, I fired up a straight L-C combo - one engine and one wagon. The regular diesel traveled at 259km/h, while the "fast" one maxed out at around 225km/h. I had similar results with the L-CC, L-CCCC and LL-CCCC combinations I often use.

I am using coal for fuel. I have way too many other mods, but the only ones I can think of that would affect railway things are VanillaEx, Logistics Railway, Rail Tanker, Stainless Steel Wagons (not used, but installed), Shuttle Train, TFC, and Smart Trains.

Before I go and tear things up to eliminate mods as culprits etc, does anyone else see this? Am I just doing it wrong?
A guide to planning your factory's space requirements:
1) Figure out how much space you need, double it to be safe.
2) Wrong! There's never enough space.

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

DarkHelmet wrote:I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, or missing something but I don't seem to be getting the results I'd expect.

I'm using more-locomotives-0.3.0 with 0.12.35. I'm seeing the fast-loco travelling slower than the diesel. To keep things simple, I fired up a straight L-C combo - one engine and one wagon. The regular diesel traveled at 259km/h, while the "fast" one maxed out at around 225km/h. I had similar results with the L-CC, L-CCCC and LL-CCCC combinations I often use.

I am using coal for fuel. I have way too many other mods, but the only ones I can think of that would affect railway things are VanillaEx, Logistics Railway, Rail Tanker, Stainless Steel Wagons (not used, but installed), Shuttle Train, TFC, and Smart Trains.

Before I go and tear things up to eliminate mods as culprits etc, does anyone else see this? Am I just doing it wrong?
It takes quite some time to get to speed. Or maybe a recent update broke it? I took some time off factorio because I was waiting for 0.13 , so I'm not sure. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and fix the 0.12 version if you need it still (;

kubility
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kubility »

i'd like to see a simple locomotive like tram. could have 2 coal slots goes both way and can carry an iron box of ammo by itself. i'm thinking to use it to resupply my outposts.

Sebb767
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sebb767 »

kubility wrote:i'd like to see a simple locomotive like tram. could have 2 coal slots goes both way and can carry an iron box of ammo by itself. i'm thinking to use it to resupply my outposts.
I'd like to, but I could neither find a way to make a two-headed train nor help to do so.

Also, even though I'm playing factorio a little again , I have 4 tests next week so my off-study life has kind of vanished ;) But an armed locomotive is on the future ideas list.

Return to “Mods”