DONT POST HERE ANYMORE OR ELSE!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

DONT POST HERE ANYMORE OR ELSE!

Post by malokin »

Does anybody know the console/script/whatever commands to manually acquire and install updates?
Is there a command line reference list somewhere with flags and syntax listed? I imagine this must have been covered in the past but i couldnt find it anywhere, does the wiki have a list of them and if not then it should?
Last edited by malokin on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Console Commands

Post by ssilk »

I think it would be a good idea, if the wiki has a page ore more with some of the most useful commands (kill all enemies and such stuff) but I dunno, if there are commands to make updates. I would say, this are internal functions, because they are not in-game relevant.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

HA!, you mean they are possibly undocumented on purpose? I think you might be right actually, this dev team has "very original" ideas and techniques on how to stop "piracy". ARG, another setback, another challenge accepted.
I'm a freedom of information guy so for me it is imperative for someone to document the game's debug commands and other internals. Hell, If C++ could be decompiled into C++ instead of just C (DAMN YOU ASSEMBLY! DAMN YOOOOU), i would have already have released the source, but to change variable names and do things like that to the devs work is just icky to me. Without open source you don't really have a way of knowing for sure what is inside the code you are running, and that makes me all tinfoil hat.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

malokin wrote:you don't really have a way of knowing for sure what is inside the code
Not that I support this but you do realize that the asm is EXACTLY the same as the C++ in functionality (obviously) so who cares what the devs called a variable internally?
ssilk wrote:I think it would be a good idea, if the wiki has a page ore more with some of the most useful commands (kill all enemies and such stuff)
it really boils down to entity.insert, game.speed, entity.teleport, entity.getinventory(1).remove [check the lua defines for inventory constants], entity.getinventory(1).clear, game.createentity, and maybe game.killallenemies [in rare cases]. The only other thing I could see using at the command line is entity.force but not on any form of regular basis. Also, really only game.speed and maybe entity.teleport could be used without 'cheating' (assuming there wasn't a bug).
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Right, FreeER, those are the well documented functions. I want ALL the commands, even the super secret ones the devs use for debugging.

How you gonna sell me a product and then not tell me to use any part of the code inside it? Remove the secret functions from the code or make them free to use, people are going to figure out all the commands eventually. This list is kinda pointless before the release date anyhow.

About C++ code, there are other issues. C++ is better than all the other C's because C++ includes the ability to write assembly code within your C++ code for extra functionality for the win. This doesnt decompile "correctly" because the code might contain assembly that is specific to an architecture like x64 or x86. I wouldnt want to do it yet anyway, because of the variables thing. I see this game as a work of art, and using different paints on the mona lise would be a gross bastardization.

I'm not even sure the devs have used any C++ extended functions in their code anyway, it could be something different inside, I havnt given it alot of effort yet but fear not, we are on the case. The game didnt run thru the decompiler as a perfect copy so I didnt try any further. I'm currently more interested in the editor and updates anyway.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

malokin wrote:Right, FreeER, those are the well documented functions. I want ALL the commands, even the super secret ones the devs use for debugging.

How you gonna sell me a product and then not tell me to use any part of the code inside it? Remove the secret functions from the code or make them free to use, people are going to figure out all the commands eventually. This list is kinda pointless before the release date anyhow.

About C++ code, there are other issues. C++ is better than all the other C's because C++ includes the ability to write assembly code within your C++ code for extra functionality for the win. This doesnt decompile "correctly" because the code might contain assembly that is specific to an architecture like x64 or x86. I wouldnt want to do it yet anyway, because of the variables thing. I see this game as a work of art, and using different paints on the mona lise would be a gross bastardization.

I'm not even sure the devs have used any C++ extended functions in their code anyway, it could be something different inside, I havnt given it alot of effort yet but fear not, we are on the case. The game didnt run thru the decompiler as a perfect copy so I didnt try any further. I'm currently more interested in the editor and updates anyway.
You are crazy... Who told you that command exists? Why would they want a command FOR UPDATING... be secret? you just need to restart the game, and if they dont want you to do it that way, they would just remove it...
And they dont opensource because they have reasons, and its obious that they obfuscate the code, (change var names etc)
And can you please stop doing pirathy stuff or just take it away from here?
Last edited by ficolas on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

ficolas wrote:You are crazy
first, please refrain from name calling. Though obviously saying someone is crazy isn't that bad, this topic seems to get a bit out of hand quickly.
ficolas wrote: Who told you that command exists?
see quote but basically
cube wrote:There is a way to apply a package from commandline, but we consider it a debugging feature and it is a little broken most of the time.
so I suppose it exists but from last page of same topic
kovarex wrote:the update works as binary diff, so corrupted file can no longer be updated.
ficolas wrote:And can you please stop doing pirathy stuff or just take it away from here? if you want to try your things and fail then do it but dont say it in the official forum
These are pretty much pointless requests unless the devs get involved. malokin has already stated quite clearly that he intends to continue doing so and sees nothing wrong with admitting it on an official forum. Which I can see the point in admitting it not being that bad, I mean you are doing it anyways so, yeah. And as stated no one can really stop him attempting (and probably succeeding given time) from distributing a pirated copy, at least it's less likely to contain viruses for those just wanting to try the full version before buying it.
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Firstly I dont think "crazy" in that context is offensive, an also sorry, I said it because I didnt know some things (havent been reading all posts for some time)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

ficolas wrote:Firstly I dont think "crazy" in that context is offensive, an also sorry, I said it because I didnt know some things (havent been reading all posts for some time)
I kind of figured that but it (and some of the rest) could have easily been taken as offensive/accusatory, more so because, like I mentioned, it's a bit of a hot topic :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Heh, i take back what i said in my most recent "report" from that other thread, your coming around to the dark side FreeER, dont you know that hating me is another way to support the developers? :lol:

At least ficolas and FreeER dont jump to conclusions as fast as cube did, that blew my mind.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Disclaimer: This post is not parroting any person in particular, it is especially not making fun of the 3 people that assume that everything I do is tainted with the stink of illegality and corruption. I really hope this doesnt offend you guys, i think this satire is accurate to my experiances, and really really really funny the way things have played out

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO GET THE UPDATE FILES SO YOU DONT HAVE TO REINSTALL THE WHOLE GAME!! WE READ THAT THREAD IN BUG REPORTS MALOKIN, AND THE DEVS TOLD YOU FLAT OUT, THE UPDATER WILL WORK PERFECT WITHOUT A SEPARATE "AUTOUPDATER.EXE". PUTTING THE REAPPLY UPDATE INSIDE THE GAME'S MAKES 100% PERFECT SENSE, I DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES AN UPDATE FAILS AND YOUR FACTORIO.EXE GETS MESSED UP! YOU WILL NEVER EVER EVER GET THOSE UPDATE FILES, DONT EVEN TRY PUNK! WE KNOW YOU PLAN TO PIRATE THE UPDATES, AND WE'RE GONNA STOP YOU!!
STOP TRYING TO SUGGEST THINGS THAT YOU THINK WILL IMPROVE THE GAME, THAT ISNT WHAT THESE FORUMS ARE ABOUT PIRATE SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear this is a summary of my life here on these forums, and not just the updater thing, nearly everything I post. I do wish my critics were all as bold and loud as ficolas, everyone else thinks being passive aggressive and trying to insult people in a polite way is okay.

I am so sick of the question "Wow do you really think thats appropriate?"
Me: Yeah I do
***3 Days worth of PM's***
usually these private conversations entail someone telling me i am just so anti-social and bad at talking with people and telling me i should think twice before i post, linking me "friendship" videos, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. :lol:

Good luck ya rotters, your wasting your time, and your giving yourself carpal tunnel syndrome just to try and make me shy away from personality traits I'm really proud of.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

*sigh* just got another "whats wrong with you, post reported, try to watch it bro" private message and here was my response

"hi, who are you and do i know you somehow?

i guess if you feel offended go ahead, report it. Do you really think the forum moderator wont see it if you dont report it? i tend to think he's gonna see it.
Do you have it in your brain that the caps lock part is serious? Is that whats upsetting you? you realize the person im yelling at is ME right? I'm yelling at ME in that post, the way cube the administrator did wrongly and then apologized for, the way ficolas accused me and then apologized, etc etc,
Of course it is offtopic but the whole thread had already devolved into a flame war by that point if you bothered to read back on page 1. I really really really wish we had a console commands list here or on the wiki, but every single time i make a useful fracking suggestion the entire forum would rather attack me and accuse me of things than actually read what i had to say because i am pro-piracy and not afraid to show it. Did you even read my post?"

Do you all really think I'm derailing my own threads where i post suggestions? Why would i do that, i was hoping that post above this one would be funny, and maybe make people calm down a little, boy was i wrong.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well, since you want to play like you're a victim, here's the actual PM you were sent:
Nice post. Really.
Definitely belongs in it's own thread in off topic though. Haven't reported, but felt the instinct to, so wrote you instead to give you the chance to move it yourself.
How you turn a compliment into an attack, I just don't know.
Your own thread or not, thread previously derailed or not, your post doesn't belong in this thread.
There's an entire off-topic forum for your drama antics.
Considering I started out as a pirate, you *had* an ally in me, and I've reported posts that flamed you.

Have fun in the cold.

MOD: Feel free to delete this when/if you clean up the thread/forums. And consider this a supporting vote for a ban.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

WTF? did I lie about something? Did you think I was trying to directly quote you? I was lumping you in with all the other hostile comments that I get CONSTANTLY here. edit: man, i'm really really looking for that compliment your talking about.

You told me that you havent reported my posts yet, but you wrote me instead to give me a chance to move the thread. Am I really really really supposed to take that as a compliment?
Sounds kind of hostile bro. I posted on purpose, and I dont intend to move ANYTHING. I didnt attack you, so please leave me alone.

Please just press the report button and let the mods decide whether my posts are comparable to the holocaust or not. No need for all the anger. I don't understand how those 2 posts are attacks on anyone. If cube or ficolas or FreeER felt insulted I'd maybe understand and remove it, but I hope they know maybe they judged me too quickly, and I hope they find the whole situation where im treated like the worst person in history, kind of funny. Seriously I am sorry if I somehow attacked you, I hope we can be friends in the future.

*cries to himself* CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALOOOOONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mrgreen:
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Banala
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Having Cheeky fun with the Caps Lock

Post by Banala »

I've been a lurker for a while on these forums, and made an account just to say this:
STOP BEING SO FUCKING HOSTILE TO EVERYONE.
Yes, I am talking to you, Malokin. Every fucking time someone says something, you interpret it as if they are personally attacking you and you give a hostile response in return. I'm fucking sick of you fucking up the friendly atmosphere that was here before you smeared your delusional filth all over. And seriously, I think you need some mental help.
Spoilered by FreeER due to blatant flaming.
Last edited by FreeER on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: blatant flaming

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

malokin wrote:HA!, you mean they are possibly undocumented on purpose?
I would say that main reason why those commands are undocumented, becouse they could be potentionally dangerous and could even lead to data loss. So basically they don't talka bout them to protect players from potential danger they might represent.
malokin wrote:How you gonna sell me a product and then not tell me to use any part of the code inside it? Remove the secret functions from the code or make them free to use, people are going to figure out all the commands eventually.
Most of these comands exist to alows developers to easily debug certain scenarios.
Imagine this: Someone reports a bug with using of some late game technology. Without these commands developers would have to spend several hours to reach similar game state to reproduce the reported bug. But with these commands they could do that in less than a minute.
But as I sad above these commands could also be potentionally dangerous especially if not used properly. Now since developers know how the game logic works tehy also use how to properly use these commands so that there is no or verry litle danger. But most playersprobably wouldn't be able to understand how game logic works, therefore they wouldn't understand what is potentionaly dangerous way of using these commands.
malokin wrote:...i would have already have released the source...
You know that is just mean!
Developers have worked for more than a year on this game an you would simply go and steal their work and make it public.
How would yo feel if I come to you and steal some of your work? I gues you proabably wouldn't be pleased about that. But somehow I have a feling that you probably haven't realy worked (I mean real hard work) in your life yet, othervise you would have more apretiation for work that someone put into something.
Also you probably don't realize that for developers working on Factorio and selling it is their only way of eraning money.
malokin wrote:Without open source you don't really have a way of knowing for sure what is inside the code you are running, and that makes me all tinfoil hat.
If that bothers you so much why don't you go and find some open sourced game instead then.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

SilverWarior wrote: I would say that main reason why those commands are undocumented, becouse they could be potentionally dangerous and could even lead to data loss. So basically they don't talka bout them to protect players from potential danger they might represent.
I dont care, maybe I WANT the dangerous unfinished crap. What buisness is it of yours?
Most of these comands exist to alows developers to easily debug certain scenarios.
Imagine this: Someone reports a bug with using of some late game technology. Without these commands developers would have to spend several hours to reach similar game state to reproduce the reported bug. But with these commands they could do that in less than a minute.
maybe everyone would like abilities like this. Maybe people who payed for a game shouldnt only have access to part of what they payed for, I bought a dresser, and the manufacturer is keeping his furniture wrenches in the bottom drawer and keeping it locked. Move your dev tools outside the code you sold me, and I won't want to play with it so damn bad
But as I sad above these commands could also be potentionally dangerous especially if not used properly. Now since developers know how the game logic works tehy also use how to properly use these commands so that there is no or verry litle danger. But most playersprobably wouldn't be able to understand how game logic works, therefore they wouldn't understand what is potentionaly dangerous way of using these commands.
Then YOU dont use them if you are afraid of the danger, I want to play with unfinished products (that is the nature of an alpha derp)
You know that is just mean!
Developers have worked for more than a year on this game an you would simply go and steal their work and make it public.
How would yo feel if I come to you and steal some of your work? I gues you proabably wouldn't be pleased about that. But somehow I have a feling that you probably haven't realy worked (I mean real hard work) in your life yet, othervise you would have more apretiation for work that someone put into something.
Also you probably don't realize that for developers working on Factorio and selling it is their only way of eraning money.
I responded to this in the piracy thread awhile ago if u want a response.
If that bothers you so much why don't you go and find some open sourced game instead then.
OR i could just take the games that I enjoy the most, buy them, and work at releasing their source codes for every person who wants it. If you dont want the source opened, then dont look at, just download the game and ignore the source.
I don't respect your right to sell me something, and then tell me HOW to use it. I payed you for this game, so tear off, I have every right to do ANYTHING I want with your software because you sold it to me. You dont have the right to sell something and say "but dont go releasing the source" "dont go trying to figure out those command" "those commands in the thing i sold you are only for certain modders and devs to use" what a crock of shit. Trying to sell me something and then tell me what I am supposed to do with it is a disrespect I wont forgive, and personally, I take it as a challenge.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

ATTENTION *taptaptap* ATTENTION EVERYONE
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Please flame me in the piracy thread here if you would like to flame me.

You are bumping a thread that was meant to be a request for help or a suggestion or something that quickly devolved into a flame war, and that is okay, we salvaged the original thread. But please try to voice your "hating my ass" concerns in the piracy thread.

Your personal attacks and pro-copyright rhetoric will be demolished in the order that it is received.

THAT IS ALL.
Last edited by malokin on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Return to “Gameplay Help”