[Request] Aircraft mod images

The place to share your custom game graphics.
Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Aircraft mod images

Post by Eldwen »

Hello

I am nearing the completion stages of an aircraft mod that will allow flight travel in the game.
Mod forum topic.
To further progress into final testing I require .png files for the animations.

Should anyone be willing to work with me to see this completed I would GREATLY appreciate the following:

Crafting Menu and Technologies Icons.
Base and Shadow sprite sheets.

Concept and Scope of design:
I strongly urge anyone working towards completing this task to keep the following in mind:

Size:
1. Not to exceed the length of the Train in game.
2. Something with a modest wing span but should not exceed its length.

Exterior & Engine(s):
1. The final product should not exceed the technological level of the current game. No energy based flight mechanics please.
2. I am very much interested in (but not limited to) using a Fixed Wing, VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) design.
2.a IF it is possible to animate any engine graphics within your designs, I would be most pleased. :D
3. Color scheme should be tasteful and in line with the current game color pallet.
4. Single glass cockpit.

Weapon System(s):
1. 1 front mounted, ballistics style, weapon system. This will be used much like the other already in game vehicle mounted sub-machine gun systems.
2. 1-2 rocket or missile weapon systems as well. Please keep the design tasteful and so it does not detract from the aircraft itself. Should this prove to hinder the wing or craft design then omit it. It will be assumed to be attached to the underbelly of the craft.

Ending comments:
I am currently not including any image files as I would like allow the freedom of creativity without any more limitations then I have already asked. If you feel the need to draw inspiration from images, feel free to do so. Should this absolutely not be possible without further information, then I will add supporting imagery/design concepts.

Anyone seriously interested in undertaking this task will be allowed quite a bit of freedom with its final design and properly credited with all work completed.

Thank you kindly in advance,
Eld

Feel free to post any questions, comments, or concerns below as I will be actively monitoring this thread until mod completion.

iUltimateLP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Request] Aircraft mod images

Post by iUltimateLP »

Try to ask Yuoki in the forums, he is very good at graphics and is willing to make something for other users!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

iUltimateLP wrote:Try to ask Yuoki in the forums, he is very good at graphics and is willing to make something for other users!
If it's posted here (in this subforum), i read :)

it's more - i had made in the past many spaceships and for other flying things it's the same, every people has a different understanding so it's very hard to make people lucky with your design, color or idea.

the mod and idea sounds good, but i would prefer you use a placeholder-gfx test this ingame and post a screenshot. then i can see yes it's possible and playable. this gives you also the chance to see what type of animation or how many direction-frames you need. as example player has 18, trains 128, gun-turrets 64

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

YuokiTani,

I've been waiting very patiently hoping you might be the one to reply if you had the time and interest. Thank you very much for doing so.

I currently am using the tank .png's as placeholders for testing. They work just fine and the mod is functional. There is only one last thing I have to adjust with the graphics and that should be done shortly. (something to do with the graphics clipping behind certain buildings even when I assign the mod priority for rendering).

Took the time to get some screen shots for you. Its hard to show that is is "flying" with the current graphics, so I made sure to just "fly" over water

I'll leave it to you as to how many sheets of direction-frames you wish to do. I would like to have as many as the current in game vehicles, but know that would be a lot of work. 32 per page x 4 pages + shadows and possible masks. That's 256 frames just for base and shadows. If you could manage even half of that, I would be better off then where I am now. lol.

If you need any further information please ask. If it would be helpful to have early access to the mod for your own testing, I can arrange that as well. I plan on finishing testing on research and recipe times/costs most of the day to nail down something concrete that I think is appropriate.

Thanks,
Eld
Attachments
Factorio 2015-07-26 11-59-04-71.jpg
Factorio 2015-07-26 11-59-04-71.jpg (704.7 KiB) Viewed 28223 times
Factorio 2015-07-26 11-57-40-51.jpg
Factorio 2015-07-26 11-57-40-51.jpg (940.05 KiB) Viewed 28223 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i still testing/improve different designs ... but you can use the following for your test-builds

icon
single-frame

36 frames, 6x6, single-frame-size 224x224 (7x7) - for shift use tool or experiment
-> Sheet <-

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

YuokiTani,

This looks amazing. Thank you very much for your hard work. I look forward to what else you come up with for the design. This will get used right away and I'll let you know how it looks!

Thanks!
Eld

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

colors changeable if you prefer a different look or more badass ;)

sheet all the same settings for easy use/exchange ;)

nearly 10 years old - never made into the game it was designed for ^^
click image for bigger view

Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eldwen »

YuokiTani wrote:colors changeable if you prefer a different look or more badass ;)
Yuoki,
If you have the different color variants for these already done and laying around, I can add them in to give people a choice of color schemes. If not, I REALLY like the dark red one. :D

Thanks again, awesome work.
-Eld

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

maybe a little to dark now, you need to check this ingame.
also shadow is deeper simulating more height.

sheet

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

for some variety ...

-> sheet

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

The Blue one look great ... it reminds me of a Dralthi from Wing Commander.
You only must changing the wing and a dream come true for me ... flying a Dralthi :mrgreen:
And make it colorfull ... that the ememy see what they hit ... and to find it quick in the base (where did I parked it?)

EDIT:
@YuokiTani
The blue one with wings like that where great (but syncron wings ... i think the most like more than asyncron)

Return to “Texture Packs”