[MOD 0.17.x] WaiTex 1.3.5: A HD Texture Pack

Topics and discussion about specific mods
keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] WaiTex 0.9.0: A HD Texture Pack

Post by keyboardhack »

devilwarriors wrote:Both downloads linkd are the 268mb version, where is the 1gb version?
Both versions are the same size because i am too lazy to remove the textures that aren't used in the 1GB version :D
The 1GB version can be downloaded in the link below
1GB version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _0.9.0.zip
Waste of bytes : P

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Ahh I thought 1gb version was the file size.

When zoomed at max the graphic still look a bit low res, at least more than when I open them at the same size in windows image viewer.

like that

I supose it's a game engine limitation?

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

devilwarriors wrote:Ahh I thought 1gb version was the file size.

When zoomed at max the graphic still look a bit low res, at least more than when I open them at the same size in windows image viewer.

like that

I supose it's a game engine limitation?
Yep there is nothing i can do about it.
If you want better graphics then open factorioes config.ini and set

Code: Select all

multisampling-level=2
The reason this option is only found in the config is because it makes a few textures look a little wierd(pipes are affected by it).

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Thanks for the tip, do you know if the is a way to lock the max zoom to something that give a better render?

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

devilwarriors wrote:Thanks for the tip, do you know if the is a way to lock the max zoom to something that give a better render?
Not sure what you mean but there is a way to lock a players zoom level by making a mod that sets the players zoom level on each tick.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Great mod! I love it.
Might you add sharper textures of the Fast transport belt and the express transport belt as well? I know you edited them already, but they still looks shitty beside a basic transport belt.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

AntiElite wrote:Great mod! I love it.
Might you add sharper textures of the Fast transport belt and the express transport belt as well? I know you edited them already, but they still looks shitty beside a basic transport belt.
Fast transport belts, express transport belts and laser turret all contain a complicated texture configuration that's hard to change. Making the belts texture larger will make them larger than 2048x2048 pixels which Factorio doesn't support, so they have to be split up in smaller textures which is not an easy task with the amount of documentation there is on the animations API.
I will work on it some more this week and see what i can do to solve it as that's the last textures(that i know of except the biters and biter turrets) that WaiTex doesn't modify.

bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bbgun06 »

Unfortunately, I can't get the latest version to work in multiplayer. The joining computer gets a message that mod configuration doesn't match, even when both computers have the same version.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

bbgun06 wrote:Unfortunately, I can't get the latest version to work in multiplayer. The joining computer gets a message that mod configuration doesn't match, even when both computers have the same version.
mod configuration doesn't match
Afaik nothing i can do about that error as it means you don't have the same mods which you say you have.
It happens once in a while that a downloaded file gets corrupted so try downloading the file again and if it keep happening then file a bug report.

bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bbgun06 »

Well, it's working now. I'm not sure what was wrong but I deleted mod_list.json and fixed it. Thanks!

Sturmtruppe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sturmtruppe »

Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Sturmtruppe wrote:Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.
If you already have mods installed then just do the same thing to install WaiTex. Every modification of the base game is a mod in Factorio so they are all installed the same way. I found a video that explains how to install mods quite well. Factorio Tutorial - How To Install Mods

exinq
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by exinq »

keyboardhack wrote:
Sturmtruppe wrote:Forgive my ignorance. How do I properly install this texture pack? Do I just overwrite all the textures with this one? I can't for the life of me find a walkthrough on this anywhere.
If you already have mods installed then just do the same thing to install WaiTex. Every modification of the base game is a mod in Factorio so they are all installed the same way. I found a video that explains how to install mods quite well. [How To Install Mod]
If you can't find mods directory
C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

AntiElite wrote:Great mod! I love it.
Got an update on the transport belts.
c
c
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (2.84 MiB) Viewed 7340 times
Have added most missing textures for the 1.0.0 release but there is still a few bugs i have to fix before i can release it :D

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

Hello there.

So I installed the mod, started a new game, but as soon as I maximize my window, everything turns black, except for the player, minimap and texts. Even the menu buttons.
So I tried to delete the crop cache and restart the game, but that didn't help at all.

Fullscreen looks same. Only way to make it work is to not resize my window AT ALL, which is pretty problematic since I'm using 27" screen.

It's my only mod. And it's certainly working before I change the window size, I can see those textures being way more detailed.

Sending a screenshot.
Any ideas?

Thank you
Screenshot
Screenshot
Factorio_Textures_bug.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 7320 times
Last edited by LyrickCZE on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<rob> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

LyrickCZE wrote:Hello there.

So I installed the mod, started a new game, but as soon as I maximize my window, everything turns black, except for the player, minimap and texts. Even the menu buttons.
So I tried to delete the crop cache and restart the game, but that didn't help at all.

Fullscreen looks same. Only way to make it work is to not resize my window AT ALL, which is pretty problematic since I'm using 27" screen.

Sending a screenshot.
Any ideas?

Thank you
That's a problem with not having enough vram. Have you tried the 1GB version?

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

I didn't yet, what's the difference?
EDIT: Nvm this question, already seen that. But yea still, I have more than enough VRAM if it only needs 1,5GB

But I don't think VRAM should be a problem, I'm running GTX 970 with 4GB and 32GB system RAM...

EDIT2: There is certainly something weird going on. I just noticed if I start the game with the fullscreen ALREADY enabled, everything displays properly.
Goes black as soon I a switch back to windowed though.

EDIT3: No change with the 1GB version.

I don't get it man, I'm running stuff like Witcher 3, GTA V or AC: Syndicate with zero issues.
Drivers are up to date, so is the system (Win10 btw).

EDIT4: Deleted all folders and reinstalled the game to try default settings. Only thing I changed was to add your mod. Still, goes black. I'm out of ideas, guess no improved textures for me.
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

LyrickCZE wrote:I didn't yet, what's the difference?
EDIT: Nvm this question, already seen that. But yea still, I have more than enough VRAM if it only needs 1,5GB

But I don't think VRAM should be a problem, I'm running GTX 970 with 4GB and 32GB system RAM...

EDIT2: There is certainly something weird going on. I just noticed if I start the game with the fullscreen ALREADY enabled, everything displays properly.
Goes black as soon I a switch back to windowed though.

EDIT3: No change with the 1GB version.

I don't get it man, I'm running stuff like Witcher 3, GTA V or AC: Syndicate with zero issues.
Drivers are up to date, so is the system (Win10 btw).

EDIT4: Deleted all folders and reinstalled the game to try default settings. Only thing I changed was to add your mod. Still, goes black. I'm out of ideas, guess no improved textures for me.
Sadly there is nothing else to do than reporting it as a bug here.
Attach the version of WaiTex that causes the crash, the log file and your pc specs.

LyrickCZE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LyrickCZE »

Meh, too much work for something I don't really need :)

Anyways, thanks for your help.
<bawss> Right click.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Version 1.0.0
  • added express-transport-belt
  • added fast-transport-belt
  • added gun-turret
  • added trees
  • added biters
  • added spitters
  • added worms
  • updated spawners
Full version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip
2GB version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip
1GB version: https://github.com/TheAIBot/WaiTex/rele ... _1.0.0.zip

The mod has been compressed so this version is actually smaller than the 0.9.0 version!
Last edited by keyboardhack on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”