modpacks .. get permission pls

Topics and discussion about specific mods
darksparks
Inserter
Inserter

modpacks .. get permission pls

Post by darksparks »

the posts written bellow are in context to a mod-pack and conversation with me that was removed.. if your going to make a mod-pack please get permission from the mod owners.
Last edited by darksparks on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [11.6] essentual mp modpack tested 20+ hours no bugs.

Post by ssilk »

Please read this article
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=7371
and discuss, if wanted!
Thank you.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: modpacks are immoral? / stealing? =( sorry

Post by ssilk »

It was really not intended by me to stop anyone from having fun. Really sorry.
More explanation:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 180#p58174

darksparks
Inserter
Inserter

Post by darksparks »

ssilk wrote:It was really not intended by me to stop anyone from having fun. Really sorry.
i believe you.. you sound like a kind man. who is not trying to hurt anyone.. i feel your involvement is an attempt to maintain the peace and offer information. thanks. all is forgiven.. and thanks again. :D

perhaps distributing other peoples mods could hurt the modding community.. i believe now that seeking permission may avoid some conflicts.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Since you can write mods that edit content from other mods(the whole dependancy thing), I'd much rather people do that to "improve" my mods to suit their needs, rather than edit and redistribute my mod. If you ask for permission, I might even let you redistribute my mod with yours to make sure people get the right version.

But editing my mod, and redistrubuting the edit is a big no no. The only time that would be acceptable is if I'm not around, and you're fixing bugs. (Say, if a game update breaks my mod.) However, that scenario hasn't cropped up yet, I've been around to fix every bug so far.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

darksparks wrote:
ssilk wrote:It was really not intended by me to stop anyone from having fun. Really sorry.
i believe you.. you sound like a kind man. who is not trying to hurt anyone.. i feel your involvement is an attempt to maintain the peace and offer information. thanks. all is forgiven.. and thanks again. :D

perhaps distributing other peoples mods could hurt the modding community.. i believe now that seeking permission may avoid some conflicts.
Thanks. I see my job - besides other things - to prevent postings, which conflict with laws. And this - hm - is currently just not clear. The stuff is in progress, but now I cannot decide differently.

I had an idea for a temporary compromise, see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 399#p58399

Return to “Mods”