- added liquid barrels.
 - programmer art!
 - Barrel!

0.2.0 Refining release
 - added option to refine heavy/light up to petroleum gas
 - added tar
 - added composite wall
 - may need to tweak the values a bit.

- removed heavy>light>petro recipes. in base now.
 - made tar more tar-like
 - new way to get tar
 - brought barrels closer in line with 0.9.1.  Crude will be the best barrels to transport unit-for-unit though.

- fixed sulfuric acid recipe

So far it's a simple mod that adds new barrels for Heavy Oil(brown), Light Oil(yellow), Petroleum Gas(blue), Lubricant(green), and Sulfuric Acid(red). Each barrel contains 20 units of the corresponding liquid.

New:
New version changes things a bit, tar is now considered a by-product, the crude>heavy/tar recipe exists as an easy way to create tar and to give a fast/easy oil production line. I'd like to move this to an early game building at some point as an oil industry starter recipe. The other added recipe is mainly a logistically complicated but efficient way to process crude.

Barrels got bumped up to 20 units a piece. I know crude is 25 but I like the slight variation, adds complexity.

I'm experimenting with fluid density in this release. Tar should be pretty thick and a pain to move in pipes, pumps will be useful here. I intentionally left out tar containers for now to see how piping a super-thick fluid around the factory plays out.

Recipes:
10 Crude -> 5 Heavy Oil + 5 Tar @Chemical Plant
6 Crude + 4 Sulfuric Acid -> 2 Plastic + 2 Tar + 6 Petroleum Gas

Composite Wall:
5 Stone + 2 Tar = 1 Composite Wall

Installation:
Drop the OWL folder into your mods directory.

0.2.2 Dropbox link ZIP
Attachments
OWL0.2.2.zip
(179.87 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by RetroJL on Wed May 14, 2014 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.0] Old World Labs - More Barrels! Edition

Post by Sedado77 »

When i get home, i'll try it if i've got the time... seems usefull!!! :)

how does the barrels work? Need to manufacture the normal barrels, or are they different?? Tecnologywise??? Is there a way to fill them i the chem lab or in assemblymachines or how? :)

RetroJL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.0] Old World Labs - 0.2.0

Post by RetroJL »

They all use the same barrels as crude. Same process as well. Pipe to a Chem plant and handle the same. Sulfuric Acid barrels + Logistic Robots = TONS of new factory options.

The conversion recipes in 0.2.0 are done at a refinery though.

Swadius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Swadius »

I can't seem to get the crude barrel emptying procedure to work in the chemical plant, anyone else getting this?

Edit: Nevermind, first playthrough with oil, and I didn't notice that the crude oil and barrel were not part of this mod :P.

1n5aN1aC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 1n5aN1aC »

Very useful!

Especially the sulfuric acid barrels are super nice when using logistic bots!

RetroJL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RetroJL »

Thanks!!!

I work weekends so I haven't even touched the new update until tonight. I'll be putting out an updated version tonight or tomorow. Plans are to remove my heavy/light oil cracking recipes and maybe add a heavy>tar+something recipe instead. I REALLY like the composite walls personally, and it's a nice little production chain I'm a fan of. Also should probably update the amounts the barrels carry to bring in line with base, although keeping crude slightly higher might create some interesting design decisions for the player.

I'm playing around with a few new accumulator plans, I like the concept on high capacity, high drain, low charge battery banks designed to support large laser defense grids. Trouble is getting the numbers right to not make them absurdly powerful.

1n5aN1aC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 1n5aN1aC »

That would be nice.

I do agree, we need more options on types of Power generation, and if not, power storage is a close second.

But not necessarily just higher-teir ones, but ones with tradeoffs that are good for certain situations, and other for other situations.

HoneyFox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.1] Old World Labs - 0.2.1

Post by HoneyFox »

Bug found in the recipe "empty-sulfuric-acid-barrel":
1 sulfuric-acid-barrel => 1 empty-barrel + 20 sulfuric-acid
Looks like you inverted the ingredients and the results.

EDIT: I don't mind if that recipe's result is changed to 1 empty-barrel + 18 sulfuric-acid to simulate the lose of some acid due to its reaction with the container (though that should be slow if we use proper material).

RetroJL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RetroJL »

HoneyFox wrote:Bug found in the recipe "empty-sulfuric-acid-barrel":

EDIT: I don't mind if that recipe's result is changed to 1 empty-barrel + 18 sulfuric-acid to simulate the lose of some acid due to its reaction with the container (though that should be slow if we use proper material).
Fixing this right now. Finally got some free time to play/mod Factorio again. I'll put out a quick bugfix in a bit here. I'd love to use glass for sulfuric acid storage...maybe I can throw together a compat addon to allow Dytech glass for that use.

Any other suggestions now that I'm looking at this again?

HoneyFox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HoneyFox »

RetroJL wrote:
HoneyFox wrote:Bug found in the recipe "empty-sulfuric-acid-barrel":

Fixing this right now. Finally got some free time to play/mod Factorio again. I'll put out a quick bugfix in a bit here. I'd love to use glass for sulfuric acid storage...maybe I can throw together a compat addon to allow Dytech glass for that use.

Any other suggestions now that I'm looking at this again?
If we are to have glass bottle for sulfuric acid, does that mean we need to introduce the industry chain of sand collecting -> SiO2 producing -> glass product?

Return to “Mods”