Topics and discussion about specific mods
midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.5.X] v0.0.7 - several add ons, mining, power, radar &more

Post by midnight109 »

Version [0.6.x] of Factorio Mod
Mod Version 0.0.7 - ralmodpk1 - Robert Alan lee Mod Pack 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKqPsFmN4A - Shows the Mini Solar panels being used to get a starter base going on a new game so you can see how much quicker things get started with them.

About
This is a pack of diffrent mods for the game to add diffrent things so really dosent have much to classify it. Most of it will be changes to some regular areas, such as how the new Radar is the same Radar as stock, just a diffrent color and adds a early warning system so you know when a attack wave is comming

Changelog
0.0.8 (Comming soon)
Removed the radar all together, since the new setup thier is no timed attacks, but the attacks based on pollution around thier bases, the radar warning system has no more use so been removed.
The Epic Buildings is on hold as the code dosent work on the new version of the game, so I deleted the whole thing started over since I got a feel for it now shouldnt take long to put another version in and will reduce the size of this version.
Added in a Ait Filter building, that will help clean up some of the pollution your factory buildings produce. This would not need to be researched, but you will have to research Steel to build, its current recipe though might change, is 5-Steel, 10-Iron Plates, and 5 Stone. It will also pull 30W from the grid on power. If you mouse over it, the info box says 900W, but this is because I had to make it a assembly machine, so it only uses a part of the power while idel, and since no Inventory space it cannot craft nothing, just sits thier and sucks up 30W power, and cleans the air around it, still balancing the amount of cleaning of the air it does, when the balancing is done it will be ready to pop out thier

Fixed the number of the new accumulator in the recipes. Was at 35 now 32 to fit standard size stacks, I changed mine to carry larger stacks of solar and accums and didnt think of that when I released the last version so I changed it from 35 to 32 basic accumulators to build the new larger one.
Also added the correct descriptions and the name/descriptions for the new accumulator so no more missing item descriptions in tech screen, and wont say mini accumulator anymore will be called Large Accumulator.

Fixed a code mistake on the Mini Solar Cells putting out 25x the normal solar cells instead of .25 of it <.< was using the OP panels to test the charging times on the new Accumulator and forgot to change back
Fixed - New Accumulator is now NOT enabled on default must be researched like it was supposed to be

Fixed a bug on the New Radar that sometimes made the Radar give a warning at the wrong times or very off wave size in later games where over 200 creepers would attack at once
Also changed the New Radar to notify both time and size of next atk every 3 sector scans so the speed depends on the number of radars and how much power you have for them, you only need 1 of the new radar, the others can all be the stock version
Added a means for the player to remove the early warning radar system
Added a new item - Mine Detector - Unfinished but start of its code is added
Removed Mini Accumulator
Added a Advanced Accumulator - needs researched before built

Added a new Radar that gives early warning on pending attacks - Only Works In Free Play Mode or when using the Freeplay events

Added the Mini Solar and Accum options at the start for helping to get started on a new game

Next release hopes
Finished the Mine Detector and add 2 New Miners/Drills. The new Drills wont work untill the Mine Detector is finished, but will be C4 Models, one regular dill and one fast drill, each with C4 that will monitor thier availible resources and "destroy" themselfs when thier area is empty of resources to save power and so you wont have to go looking for what mines shut down by just cords.

Whats in it
Mini Solar Panel
Mini Accumulator
Fast Miner
New Radar
New Mine Detector - UNFINISHED

How to use the parts
The Mini Solar Panel and Mini Accumulator are very weak versions of the larger unit. The Solar Panel only puts out 15watts compared to the 60 of the regular one and is about 1/2 the size, and the accumulator only stores 1/10th the power. Both are availble at the start without research. They work not to run the base just to run a few things at start so you can go do other stuff like looking for a good resource area or a better area to start your base sooner. You can add a few of the mini solar panels to a Basic Mining Drill and the drill can put the resources directly into a furnace instead of a belt for the ores, and the coal right into a storage chest. With 8 Solar panels, 8 iron and 8 copper, you can make enough power to run a Basic Driller fast enough to make more ore then the furnace can handel, so even at night when the panels are off from the night time, thier is enough ore in the furnaces to keep going till morning. This is usfull since you wont need any inserters or pumps and boilers and steam engines to start your automation. Makes getting started alot quicker on starting to stock pile some resources like the plates so you can start building the more perm power till you manage to get the solar panel research done.
The New Radar works just like the normal Radar, costs the same to build and use, The only diffrence aside from the color, is it will notify you every minute as to the status of the next attack wave. How long till it starts, and if less then a min before the attack, how large of a attack to expect. This is usefull so your not in the middle of no where looking for resources when a attack wave starts so you know when its time to start heading back to base.
The Fast Miner has to be researched first, using 50red/green, after chemestry and steel, It will mine 2x faster then the basic miner and uses 2x the power as well, and has a larger area it can extract resources. The basic miner can do a area of 2.49 the new fast miner can do a area around 3.5

This mod is not complete, and i will be adding more stuff to it to learn the stuff as I go.

The mod Version 0.0.5- http://adf.ly/RS990
Last edited by midnight109 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.5.X] Mod - Fast Mining and mini solar

Post by midnight109 »

Version 0.0.4
Changes - Added a new building - Warning Radar Dish
No research needed, recipe - electronic-circuit x5 iron-gear-wheel x5 iron-plate x10 - same as the games stock radar
This new radar will add a warning notifier of pending attacks. Once built, you will get a confirmation message saying its built, and you will now get updates.
Every min in game it will tell you how long till the next attack wave, and if the next wave is less then 1min it will tell you its comming and how large of a attack is comming so you know when to head back to base. It works like the reg radar in doing sector scans and such for missions.
If you do NOT want the warnings use the regular game radar. If you want warnings then use the new one. :) Added a new entity all together so that it wont force you to be warned if you like the surpises.
This is useful so you know when to prepare for a attack, and when not to go wondering off to far looking for a new resource deposit to expand with, reducing your chances of getting yourself stranded in a huge wave with little ammo and away from your base

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.5.X] Mod - several add ons, mining, power, radar, ect

Post by drs9999 »

midnight109 wrote:This new radar will add a warning notifier of pending attacks
That is brilliant! I wonder why nobody else had the idea before :D

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

drs9999 wrote:
midnight109 wrote:This new radar will add a warning notifier of pending attacks
That is brilliant! I wonder why nobody else had the idea before :D
There was a mod for 0.2 that did the same, but is very good that somebody made it again.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Well I got the base code part on the WIP area back in a older version, tried it, didnt seem to work so tore the whole thing to peices, along with the defines/dataloader/util/freeplay files trying to learn to make it work, and make it work without editing the main base/core files so found how to use that remote.call command setup, but that proves interesting as now I am thinking of ways to accualy modify data based on other data and came up with a idea on making a Mine alarm im playing with today seeing what I can pull off it.
The Idea of the Mine Alarm is a small building you can research, that comes in 3 flavors. Depleated, 500, and 1k. Each one would send a message to the player every 5mins if it finds a depleted mine, or one with less then 500 or 1k availible to it along with the cords, not sure if its possible yet but now with that remote.call got my hopes up to find a way :)
Also on the same aspect adding a new set of mines, that would ....... <.< ..... >.> blow them selfs up when they depleted to save on total power, so if you already went to each area you find resources, and place max mines for extraction, you might have 10-20 iron mines, so finding one mine on 10-20 deposits be a pain >.> so blow it up instead to save power then you just build anew one and go finding more resoureces to steal err borrow from the creepers <.<

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Well guess the update for checking on resources for mines is on hold :P a bit harder to work around some of the stuff not alota info on the wiki for a bit of stuff oh well will come up with some other ideas to add to the list of things to add on :)

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Version 0.0.5 Is comming soon, hopefully by Monday will be finished, I found a work around for the Mine Detector option since the data isnt readily accessable.
I have it almost finished, works, alittle buggy still so fine tuning it <.< also going to have a way to stop/deactivate the Warning radar added on that as well

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Ok, about to put out 0.0.5 version today, just re testing all the code since I changed the whole layout, here is some of the changes....
Right now once you built the radar, powered or not, still alive or not, it always gave a warning for pending attacks, its been changed.
The new Radar will check to see if its still thier every so often, and if its removed, it will tell you, this is a temp debugger. It will tell a message like - Warning Systems disabled! - DIED or with TICKS, or MINED, etc. Let me know if it ever gives this message when it shouldnt have and what message, I think I fixed it, but for some reason it was removing the new radars but seems to have been fixed, I left this debug line in just in case it starts back up I can see where there is a problem easier.
The new Radar will give you a report update every 3 sector scans. I changed from a time because every minute was kinda much, and had no need to be powered. So now every time it has scanned the area 3 times it will give a update as to the pending attack.
I will be removing the mini Accumulator, as I dont see much need for it, I had played 20 new games in freeplay mode, and in each one setting up diffrently a set of 8 mini solar cells or near that for each basic driller made more then enough power to output more then the furnace can handel so was almost always a good stock for the night for the furnaces to get going on them plates so you can explore while stocking up to build the more reliable steam generators.
The new mine detector is started on the code and is buildable but DO NOT BUILD! thier worthless as the code dosent work for some reason and I havent managed to figure out why yet, hopefully with rewriting the layout I will run into the bug and see if for the next release.

On the next release will be a few new buildings, just balancing them out now.
One, my favorite <.<, is the new Accumulator. It is......... expensive to build...... One of the balancing things im still working on. It will store massive amounts of energy. This will allow you to store that solar power in a much smaller area, usually I find myself building a array of 12x12 solar panels, 2 rows of 12, a little space for power pole, then the next 2, ect, then having to build 2-3 sets of 57 Accumulators to run threw the night >.> way to much space for me, and having all them animations running have to build away from the base or at night the game lags trying to load all that animations, so I am making a new huge storage for energy. Less animations, so less lag. But wont save you much if anything on resources, right now it will supply you with the same as 30 accumulators, but will cost you the same resources as 35 of them.
There will also be a new lab, and a new factory, bother much higher power demands, but much faster at thier work.
I am working to get the new mine detector system finished, it will also come with a few new electric drills, that will tie the system together. The intention of it is to let the player know when a drilling area, is nearing empty, so you know to go find a new deposit of what ever before your whole base comes to a halt because your ran out of coal or ore but still not working like its supposed to :(

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.5.X] v0.0.5 - several add ons, mining, power, radar F

Post by n9103 »

Sounds like some good progress!
Glad to hear the you're testing your own work before releases.
Looking forward to more of your work.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

Glad you like the setup. I am hopeing to get the time to look at the code on the mine detection but busy, hopeing someone else will see the request for help in the help section and take a look at the code and help point me to the issue >.>

I am playing with the new lab and accum now, and the new accum is added to the current release ready to research and use.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

BTW, the version I grabbed last night has very OP mini solar panels. 1.5KW each!
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

oh must have put the old one in and forgot to replace it :/ check the code and still miss everything :|
The 1.5KW panel was for balance testing on the new accumulators, forgot to change them back to the reg setup of .25 production instead of 25 on the mini solar <.< opps fergot a period :P

I had made them large for testing the speed on charging up the new accumulator on a new game :) It is fixed now, you can redownload or just edit the entity file in prototype - change line 26 production = 25 to production = .25
and in the reciepes change line 34 enabled = "true", to enabled = "false",
the new version with the fix is updated on the downloads sorry for that

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.5.X] v0.0.7 - several add ons, mining, power, radar &

Post by drs9999 »

Do you still working on it?

I am really intrested in seeing these big building structures you announced for the next update.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

any progress/news?

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by midnight109 »

I almost had a working version but I put it off awhile for working >.<
Working on Live Streams at the office so been busy with it but getting slowly back into this lol
The next update I am working on now, wont be the big buildings yet, but have a few nice things I think special for the new 0.7.1 version with all the pollution and such added in <.<
Sorry for the delays but real life work came first lol have to pay da bills :D

Return to “Mods”