[MOD 0.12.x] Treefarm REDUX (DISCONTINUED)

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.2.10] Treefarm

Post by drs9999 »

You can define recipe-categories. every recipe is allocated to one category and last but not least every machine that is able to produce something is allocated to one categorie as well.
The vanilla-version of the game only have the categories "crafting" and "smelting". the stone-furnace only have access to recipes that have the "smelting" attribute, the assemply-machines and the player only have access to "crafting"-recipes.
I just add another category and attached the attribute the charcoal etc recipe and the cokery building.

I tried place the recipes "into" the smelting-category. This was working theoretically. The problem was that inserters allways placed the materials into the fuelslot, because they were fuel.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

Thank you and with this information i made an electric furnace mod if you want to check it out
The more complicated the game the better

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I just found a minor bug in my mod.
Because of the reason that the cokery is still an assembly building you can rotate it before placing. ( You dont notice that with the assembly building because the texture dont rotate and its a square)

But the cokery isnt a square so the collision and selection box will rotate while pressing the "R"-Key . (And the textures wont)
Also it depends on the rotation of the last building/ inserter whatever is rotable.
Simple solution is just to rotate it again if it messed up, so the collision and selection box will correspond to the texture again.

Any ideas how to solve that?
I know that there is a get/setrotatable function but i guess that will work for allready placed entities only.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

interesting, the only thing that comes to mind is redrawing your graphic for multiple directions :) though that might not work either, i don't know for sure
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Yes sure this would be the simpliest solution. But to do this you have to add a "direction"-attribute to the building.Inserters for example have that, but the assembly-building-type dont have it and I am not sure if it will work like that, just adding an additional attribute to it.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

It should.. you could always just add direction and see if it throws an error before you do all the work :) (might have to have a second direction, but all for the sake of testing)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Nope it doesnt work. But yeah, that is what I expected.
I added "direction-count"- atrribute to the animation in the entity.json and placed a second row in the png.
You wont receive an error by doing this, but the game wont "load" the second animation.
I think the reason for this is that the game dont expect such a "direction-count" atrribute in an assembling-machine-type entity, so it wont look or use it in-game.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

drs9999 wrote:Nope it doesnt work. But yeah, that is what I expected.
I added "direction-count"- atrribute to the animation in the entity.json and placed a second row in the png.
You wont receive an error by doing this, but the game wont "load" the second animation.
I think the reason for this is that the game dont expect such a "direction-count" atrribute in an assembling-machine-type entity, so it wont look or use it in-game.
did you have frame-count?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I made the quick test with this:

Code: Select all

"animation":
    {
      "filename": "entity/treefarm-mod/cokery.png",
      "priority": "medium",
      "frame-width": 96,
      "frame-height": 142,
      "direction-count": 2,
      "frame-count": 15
    },
This is similar to the "animation" of the transport-belt in my opinion.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

How about with 3 direction? Copy top row to bottom.

edit: or 2 direction with one of these?
"axially-symmetrical": false (locomotives use this)
"axially-symetric": false (electric poles use this)
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Tested it with this:

Code: Select all

"animation":
    {
      "filename": "entity/treefarm-mod/cokery.png",
      "priority": "medium",
      "frame-width": 96,
      "frame-height": 142,
      "direction-count": 4,
      "frame-count": 15
    },
and 4 rows in the png.

=> No success

EDIT: same result with "axial symmetric"

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

mayby they are not meant to be rotable. I saved game, loaded game and noticed that orientation of hitboxes had change -> orientation was not saved.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Yes, but why then give them the ability to be rotable? You cant rotate furnaces and chests for example (ok rotate a chest wont change anything because they are squares).

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

drs9999 wrote:Yes, but why then give them the ability to be rotable? You cant rotate furnaces and chests for example (ok rotate a chest wont change anything because they are squares).
you can rotate them, but yea it does not matter unless you edit the hitbox. and furnaces for example also return default orientation after loading a game.

edit: you would have to ask from kovarex why, But I would guess they just use same tool/function for all player building.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Nah... I should doublecheck everything before I write anything...

I said that chests and furnaces can be rotated, because I read it on the Wiki, there it says: "Entities that are not rotatable naturally (like chest or furnace) can't be set to be rotable. " (It is part of the setrotable()- function explanation)

So I thought, this includes only chests and furnaces, not assembling-machines. Then I made a quick test and changed the furnace collissionbox and saw that you actually can rotate furnaces ( Of course you wont notice this because the texture wont change and the collision box is normally a square).

For me the problem is "solved" now. I will try to change the collisonbox back into a square and hope for multiple directions for buildings or the possibilty to set a rotatable-variable in the *.json files to false/true in the future.

EDIT: What do you think is the better solution: changing the collisionbox into a square that wont cover the whole building OR expand the building so it will have a square-sized ground-plan?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.3.0] Treefarm

Post by drs9999 »

I just updated the mod to 0.3.0

I didnt add new content, only ported it to the new mod-mechanics to come in touch with it.

btw. the mod also includes fertilizer, but I didnt figured out a good way to produce it, yet. So you only have access to it via the console.
Any ideas for a fertilizer-production-line are welcome

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

horses that poop it hahaha

Or other alien-animal, but I think it wont move, even if it is a neutral unit.

Toma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toma »

Finally got to try it out. Great work so far!

Quick bug report: The picture in your first post looks pretty normal, but the cokery seems to take up twice the amount of actual space for me (how I cant walk closer or build the cokeries closer together):

And you dont have a 2nd sprite for turning the cokery yet, right?

Also, what is cokecoal there for?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

15Cyndaquil wrote:how did you make it so the crafting recipe for charcoal, coal, and coal-coke is not accessible for the player and only the corker
crafting_categories= { "crafting" }, is for player-craftable.

you can create a category to make them only craftable by some assembly-machines, by aadding the name of ur category to the crafting-categories and using crafting_categories={"thename"}, or smelting_categories={"thename"} if it is a furnace-like entity

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Toma wrote: And you dont have a 2nd sprite for turning the cokery yet, right?
Yes and no...
I just "translated" the mod from 0.2.10 to 0.3.0, so I didnt change anything.
The problem isnt the missing sprite.The problem is that the sprite wont change if you hit the rotate-button,like steamengine does. Actually the Cokery is a assembly-building, but because the normal assembling bulding have a square-size-footprint (exactly a square-size-collision-box) you wont notice that it is rotating.

I hadnt much freetime to play around to see what is possible with the new update, but I guess I cant change that...
Anyway simple solution is to hit the rotate-button again and everthing should be fine => selection and collision-box should be the same again.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”