[0.9.1] Furnace recipes display 100x time

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.9.1] Furnace recipes display 100x time

Post by Coolthulhu »

Furnace recipes have time: 100 (iron and copper) and 500 (steel) in the tooltip.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.9.1] Furnace recipes display 100x time

Post by sparr »

I think someone on IRC figured this out. It's 100 or 500 divided by 60, having something to do with the target framerate of the game. So, 1.67 seconds for copper and iron, 8.33 seconds for steel.

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

sparr wrote:I think someone on IRC figured this out. It's 100 or 500 divided by 60, having something to do with the target framerate of the game. So, 1.67 seconds for copper and iron, 8.33 seconds for steel.
Low fps hurts the production times? Even if someone could stand 15 fps, 4 times longer to produce everything would just be awful.

liq3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liq3 »

syneris wrote:
sparr wrote:I think someone on IRC figured this out. It's 100 or 500 divided by 60, having something to do with the target framerate of the game. So, 1.67 seconds for copper and iron, 8.33 seconds for steel.
Low fps hurts the production times? Even if someone could stand 15 fps, 4 times longer to produce everything would just be awful.
It'll be based on games FPS, and not graphical FPS, if they're programmed the game well. If game FPS is dropping, EVERYTHING slows down anyway.

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Coolthulhu »

Factorio is probably coded to have a discrete, constant time units (in this case looks like those would be ticks - 1/60 of a second).
It's a common game programming technique to skip graphical updates when game logic lags behind. From what I could see, when graphical FPS drops, entire Factorio slows down, though - especially noticeable near big steam engine farms when zoomed out. If this is the case, it will change before the first experimental update with multiplayer.

On an unrelated note: a recent example of a timing bug - Banished seems to have a variable frame time instead of ticks (Factorio seems to use ticks). At least some of its elements do - for example, tornadoes. In fact, Banished's tornadoes use real time measurements, which means you can just pause and wait them out.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, it is fixed now for 0.9.2, and it shows time that is related (equal to) seconds of smelting in the stone furnace.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”