MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.26

Post by MiniHerc »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
At last! Thank you! I remember some crazy arguments about this over the years...
kovarex wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:48 am
It should work the other way. It shouldn't return the items ever.
Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 am
To punish every single player that plays the game that decides to move an in-progress because someone *might* abuse it slightly to get a few extra circuits through an extremely tedious process sounds like an incredibly bad idea to me.

It has worked this way for over 2 years and not one person has complained. The game doesn't punish players for re-designing or changing their mind.

If you're really that concerned with it we could change productivity to only apply after the normal recipe cycle finishes but it's going to add extra memory usage and save size per crafting machine in the game.
countdown to it being reverted again in 3, 2, 1, ...

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Honestly If ya keep having arguments over whether refunded items should be a thing make it a map setting then its a game by game thing, like Ironman runs.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

TatsuZZMage wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am
Honestly If ya keep having arguments over whether refunded items should be a thing make it a map setting then its a game by game thing, like Ironman runs.
What if we keep having arguments about having too many map settings, though?

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Gergely wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • Disallowed saving over autosave files or making saves that begin with '_autosave'.
Oh come on. I sometimes use autosaves to save something temporarily without any intent to keep it for longer. What about an option in the pause menu that performs an autosave immediately?
Perhaps this could be a case of just saving the game with a name like "temp" or such? (If you don't want to use the previously mentioned config option.) It's easy to type and remember and it's only ever one extra file lying around (very small compared to the risk of losing data by saving over incorrectly). I frequently use this method in a lot of programs myself.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

invisus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 am
Raiguard wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 am
You can also just Control + Alt + Click the settings button
:shock:
My thoughts exactly. This should be written *somewhere*, right? Maybe on the wiki?
Ambaire wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:23 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • Crafting machines will now refund item ingredients when crafting is cancelled before finishing.
At last! Thank you! I remember some crazy arguments about this over the years...
Yeah, I remember this being one of those things where everyone was like 'wait, what?'. It just makes more sense for the game to return the items, as that tracks with the overall functionality elsewhere (things are never 'lost' unless destroyed by shooting or biters, etc). My guess is that one of the devs who was opposed finally got burned by it in their own gameplay. Here's another BRAVO to the devs for cooler heads prevailing.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

posila wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 am
TatsuZZMage wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am
What if we keep having arguments about having too many map settings, though?
The solution is to have a tick that enables "extra" Map features or a additional tab for "Extras" with scrolling up and down to compensate. Would be one thing to keep available, but to complain about extra functionality doesn't seem logical to me. Why reduce the fun, when you can amp it up infinitely, modding or otherwise?

Return to “Releases”