Cannot research "infinitely repeatable" researchs with console

Enhance your gameplay with these tools. This category is also the right place for tools useful for modders.
Mod databases, calculators, cheatsheets, multiplayer, scripts, libs and other useful stuff that is not strictly in-game mods.
tunahankaratay
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot research "infinitely repeatable" researchs with console

Post by tunahankaratay »

I want to have a super strong weapon or a very long range artillery just for fun. But I have no time to wait for trillions of Space Science Packs. That's why I want to research those through the console.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies['physical-projectile-damage-8'].researched=true
This is the command I run. It should work in theory and it actually does for the lower levels. But instead it returns this error:
What can I do?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cannot research "infinitely repeatable" researchs with console

Post by Deadlock989 »

"Infinite" technologies aren't specified that way. You use the "level" property on the last non-infinite version. If you want that level completed, then you should set the level plus one.

e.g.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies['physical-projectile-damage-7'].level = 21
completes level 20 research for you and sets the next research level to 21.

tunahankaratay
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tunahankaratay »

Thank you so much. If you don't mind, can you tell me where this thing is written? I need some more documentations I believe.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

tunahankaratay wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm
Thank you so much. If you don't mind, can you tell me where this thing is written? I need some more documentations I believe.
I don't know if that command is written anywhere. The official wiki would be the first place to look, I am sure I have seen a list of common commands on it. The full API is described at https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/ , for example if you wanted to know what properties of a technology you can change, you would look up LuaTechnology.

Return to “Tools”