Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
pookeeshtron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post by pookeeshtron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Bought the game a few days ago. I heard and saw it about a year or two ago, but didn't like how it looks and never recalled it. But a few day ago I had a chance to play Factorio and after 2 hours I certainly decided to buy it. For these 2 or 3 days I played really a lot since I have days off. Factorio is really addictive and very complex. I saw a few letsplays, but then I found it boring, becuse in my opinion this game should be fully explored by myself. Now in the midnight I am sitting in a chair with a laptop with google sheets opened to examine the most efficient way to use my science packs assembling machines. I love this game. It makes me think a lot while playing and even while not playing.

Lurind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lurind » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:37 pm

I first thought that it was the most complex game I had ever player. But eventually I got used to it

g-box
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by g-box » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm

My first impression was heading into a 4 night cabin trip with my brother where we take our PC's in case it rains and sometimes it rains a lot. We made sure Factorio would work over lan(no internet in the forest) and had figured out the very basics prior to this trip. It worked nicely. It worked very nicely. I have no idea what the weather was like for that first trip... and a number of trips since. Now, I host a server game for us and when we do another trip, it gets saved and loaded onto my system... in case it rains. My total time played on steam should probably be double what it says.

In that first game playing multi, my brother just naturally slid into the role of defensive coordinator... and offensive coordinator to collect purple fluff, research director and power management while I increased iron ore production and developed the manufacturing systems and increased iron ore production. Such a fantastic game that has come a long way and has always seemed to head in the right direction. Seriously, beautiful work.

LuckyLuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LuckyLuke » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 am

Short story: Awesome!

Long story: I saw the game featured by steam when i decided to take a closer look. The Pictures and Trailer that have been on the steampage gave me a pretty good feeling, so I bought and installed it quickly, opened a new map and started looking around the ui. I started chooping trees and gathered some stone. A Furnance was build and i got a simple production line setup. I guess that was the moment i realised that Factorio is the game i was looking for a long time. It is so satisfing to see the items being transported on a belt and becoming more and more complex products. Thinking about how to improve a current setup or how to update and older part of the factory - it is just amazing. :mrgreen:

Return to “General discussion”