Information about releases and roadmap.
Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.60

Post by Oktokolo »

voxfer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:03 pm
Also assemblers and guns are (usually?) made by hand, so their complexity was never an issue.
Whenever someone handcrafts an assembler, a robot puppy gets fed to a behemoth worm.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

voxfer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:00 pm
I have already said that I consider those a fringe case. I may be wrong though, is this an intended way to play Factorio?
Not officially, but it is very clear that megabase bulders are the best marketing people in Youtube and other channels, even probably very small minority of players ever build anything near megabase. Crazy huge megabases gives a wow feeling better than anything smaller. I like to watch megabase videos even I am too lazy to build real megabases by myself. That's why megabasers needs are and will be the most important thing in development process. Any improvements which would compromise performance of megabases will not happen. In my opinion it is unfortunate, because for me brainless copying of simple basic structures until low UPS will be too annoying is very boring way to play, but I understand business aspects.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Aflixion wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:54 pm
I'm all for modding the game to enhance it, but not to fix bad design decisions. That just means that I'm dependent on the mod author continuing to support the mod as more changes are made to the base game.
I typically never update modded games. I prefer stable versions and mature mods and keep the game what it is when I begin until I abandon it, typically wait several months and then update and begin a new game. I have never had any severe problems with old versions.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

Hannu wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:52 am
I typically never update modded games. I prefer stable versions and mature mods and keep the game what it is when I begin until I abandon it, typically wait several months and then update and begin a new game. I have never had any severe problems with old versions.
I've been using 0.17 (latest) since I've heard of it and have had no problems with it, either vanilla or with ~5-10 different mods at a time.
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Return to “Releases”