Bulk discount for Factorio copies?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
ShasOFaiz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bulk discount for Factorio copies?

Post by ShasOFaiz »

(Apologies in advance if this isn't quite the right forum for this question...)

I'm leaving my current place of employment for a new opportunity in a few weeks. I've enjoyed my time where I am now and I'm leaving on good terms, and I want to do something nice before I leave. Also, the company I work at is a manufacturing firm, and Factorio feels kinda relevant to some of the things I've worked on here. So, I wanted to buy some copies for some of my coworkers. I planned to get at least five, so my question is were there any plans to offer discounts on "party packs" or such? I know Factorio's never gone on sale normally otherwise, but I didn't know if this was an exception the devs had ever considered, if it had even come up before.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bulk discount for Factorio copies?

Post by Koub »

I would try and write to the general contact on this page : https://www.factorio.com/contact
But I also wouldn't expect a positive answer if I were you.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Whean i read "bulk" in the title i thought you meant more like 100+ for a school or something, not 5. Try imagining the look of a supermarket employee if you ask them for a "bulk discount" on 5 bottles of water.
ShasOFaiz wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:13 pm
I want to do something nice before I leave. Also, the company I work at is a manufacturing firm, and Factorio feels kinda relevant to some of the things I've worked on here.
I can't help imagining how your "parting gift" will enslave all the workers to the virtual factory, crippling the real one :D.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Yeah, it looks like a fairly solid no, especially at that quantity (ref).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Spread the Word”