Are 0.17 recipes expensive AF?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
vinnief
Inserter
Inserter

Are 0.17 recipes expensive AF?

Post by vinnief »

I was just using the calculator to run some numbers on a 1k spm base and it looks like a much larger base is needed to reach the same level of science production compared to 0.16, is this correct?

Also I am using "Alien Economy" how can I calculate the proper ratios in light of using Alien Hyper Modules?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Are 0.17 recipes expensive AF?

Post by DaveMcW »

0.17 recipes are more expensive, but also more dependent on itermediate products. So an endgame base with max productivity modules will use less raw resources than 0.16.

Alien Economy adds even better productivity modules, so you will save even more raw resources in 0.17.

vinnief
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vinnief »

Yeah, I see what you mean. One ore produces 2 plates when the hyper module level is maxed out. I read the author's blog post on the math behind Factorio calculator. I have to get back to my "normal" life, this latest run of Factorio was only supposed to last the weekend so I don't have months to learn linear algebra and matrix math - is there a shortcut to figure out how much of each thing I need?

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.htm ... ircuit:f:1

You can probably PM the author to ask them to add the recipes for your specific mod setup.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

https://github.com/KirkMcDonald/kirkmcd ... ng-locally
Running locally
The calculator consists entirely of static files (HTML, JS, CSS), and may be run locally using any HTTP server. If you have Python 3 installed, you can start a simple development server on port 8000 with:

Code: Select all

$ python3 -m http.server 8000
An experimental standalone version of the calculator named factoriocalc, which will automatically obtain the game data from your locally installed mods, is also available from the factorio-tools repository. A Windows build is available from the project's releases page.

Dumping new datasets
The utility for dumping datasets from the game, as well as assembling the sprite sheets, is called factoriodump, and may be found in the factorio-tools repository.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

vinnief
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vinnief »

This worked out very nicely, thank you!

Return to “General discussion”