[0.17.31] Tutorial observations

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.31] Tutorial observations

Post by thecatlover1996 »

Hi, "rookie" player here (only ~500 hours on record). Found a few bugs in the tutorial:

1. I am used to Minecraft controls, where Left Mouse is mining and Right Mouse is building, so I always have my left and right mouse buttons swapped in the options, but only for mining and building. In the first few steps of the tutorial, I was told to move items in the inventory using my RIGHT mouse button, while I should just use my LEFT mouse button for that instead.

2. Compilatron properly warned me when the ovens that he placed were out of fuel, but he did not warn me before that when the mining drills were out of fuel.

3. When I was repairing the assembling machine that produces science packs with gear wheels and copper, I was already done with feeding it copper while the gear wheels were at 40/50. At that moment I was exploring the place a bit, because I was waiting for the machine to be repaired. After a while, I noticed that the gear wheels were stuck because I was missing fuel again. However, the copper was still being gobbled up by the feeder connected to the assembling machine. Shouldn't the feeder stop taking copper once it has taken 50 plates?

Overall, I thought the tutorial was nice, I think it really helps people learn how to set up automation :D

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.31] Tutorial observations

Post by abregado »

thanks for the feedback.

These issues have been resolved in the new version. Please let us know what you think.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”