Topics and discussion about specific mods
shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by shuzen »

CyberMan wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 am
Got some license issues. Your mod is released with CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. Hopw can youtube makers do their letsplays with mod? Your license forbids to monetize their videos. I know 2 great russian youtubers that making cool interesting Factoprio vids, but they said taht your license forbids hem using your mod in their videos. I wannato make viodeo with monetizatoion too, but again - license frbids me doing letsplays with your mod.
Since I read the same complaint several times in this thread, I can answer this: that is intended by the mod author. But it's totally ok to make a let's play if you don't monetize it.

Avius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avius »

So with the new diluted acid ore refining there should be a water loss per cycle of water filtration... if im reading this correctly. 500 water +100 sulfur is 600 diluted. that lets a ore washer run 6 times at 100 dilute each spitting out 600 dirty water in total. 400 dirty converts to 380 clean.

I made adjustments to my arrays of 90+ washers but it still locks up. I broke the array up into a single cell and ran it only to see it slowly fills up dilute and water with zero loss.
Shot of the setup for testing.

Am i confused and missing something?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Avius wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Yes.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Sulfuric acid needs water.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Avius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avius »

where am i confused? the math shows a loss but everything i build creates water from nothing. Legit asking cause im trying to fix my arrays lol.

Avius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Avius »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:33 pm
Sulfuric acid needs water.
Yea im just looking at the math after that. The sulfur would be a larger water loss on top of what i made, right?

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Industria ... 000c8b4bdd
This has already been discussed. Author said "f@ck off" and closed all discussions on mod page.
So... Deal with this or leave.
Sorry if my english is poor.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

dvalitov wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:19 pm
Author said "f@ck off"
No, I did not.

I have had more than enough drama on forums and by private mail/chat. If it breaks out on this thread as well then I will have it locked and that will be end of it.

ImShero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ImShero »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm

No, I did not.

I have had more than enough drama on forums and by private mail/chat. If it breaks out on this thread as well then I will have it locked and that will be end of it.
Here's some non drama... Friends and I seriously dig the mod and its gotten us back into Factorio. Keep it up!!

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:40 pm
No, working as intended. It is confusing for the player if they have iron in the starting area but can't use it for a couple of hours. RNG map generation is RNG, getting the occasional "bad map" has been with us since at least 2015, and that's what the map preview is for. Won't change it, autoplace map gen code is a literal portal into hell.

This is the multi-km rail hike I had to suffer trying to get gold for red electronics on my current game (railworld settings):

gold.png

There was swearing but I got over it.
I guess my two way 1000 tile (a full wooden chest of belts coal to the patch and iron back) to get my first iron hooked up isn't too bad... Except the two large bases on the fringes of the patch that are just too big for my starter turrets to creep over... Guess I'd better make do with the wall of turrets and keep them topped up until I can get some vanilla turrets over there...

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm
I don't get this... If someone doesn't like the mod, uninstall and move on. Same when people give a thumbs down and leave nasty comments on Youtube. Don't watch it if you don't like it!

I have to admit I started with IR, but started to make a bus... which I don't think is optimal for this one, so I'm going to revisit once I've finished my current playthrough. I have to admire your efforts - it's people like you making mods that extend the replayability of this game, so hats off sir!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Two questions:

1) Why do you explicitly remove stacking of vanilla items? What's the idea there?

2) Why are sensors and filter inserters steel tech (blue science)?

Splitters (and loaders if you have them) can filter items and are purely red science. That doesn't match with inserters needing blue science to do the same thing. The splitters removes the need for filter inserters in most cases and are faster anyway so I fail to see why filter inserters need to be locked behind blue science. It's not like they revolutionize the way you build your factory or anything.

There is one exception to this: Building an LTN train station handling multiple items efficiently needs filter inserters. LTN train stops are green science. With all the intermediate items (rods, rivets, plates, beams, ...) supplying them all with a single LTN station would be so much better than having to build one stop per item. Not having filter inserters at green science level really hampers the use of LTN.

I think filter inserters at green science level would improve the game and make more sense.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I like the mod a lot. Great work, beautiful artwork.

I would like you to think about a step in between steam and nuclear. What I would like to see are some combustion engines, big diesel engines for instance with advanced engines and advanced electric engines at steel tech. For that I would add some fuel processing from coal. For instance carbon+water->coal slurry. Maybe with increased fuel value as diesels are more efficient then steam engines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal-water_slurry_fuel YuokiTani has made a nice graphic for Klonan's KS power.

In my opinion the personal generators are way to weak. For instance 200kW for the bronze tech one, and 500kW for the iron tech one and 2MW for a new steel tech one that also could be 3x3.

With the buff to speed of your basic bots they are actually faster then the normal ones as they only use halve power. That better availability in the armor would make the basic ones a bit better in comparison.

How about Long Fast Inserter? Some of your recipes have awkward ratios, like the plastic with 1.6 crushers to each.

In the really early game I'm often waiting on hand crafting as I don't have access to enough machines yet. Maybe enhance the hand crafting speed, so crafting of the first few assemblers doesn't take a few minutes.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Are you open to allowing other programmers to help out with production? I'd be willing to take on whatever tasks you felt like shunting and am familiar with good practices, following code style, github/PRs, etc. Totally understand if not, I just want to see this mod grow to its fullest potential & avoid having you burn out doing it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Cribbit wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:14 pm
Are you open to allowing other programmers to help out with production? I'd be willing to take on whatever tasks you felt like shunting and am familiar with good practices, following code style, github/PRs, etc. Totally understand if not, I just want to see this mod grow to its fullest potential & avoid having you burn out doing it.
Thanks for the offer, but the mod is "finished". I may add fixes and polish here and there over the weeks but essentially it's where I want it to be. I've moved on to other interests.

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:40 pm
Cribbit wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:14 pm
Thanks for the offer, but the mod is "finished". I may add fixes and polish here and there over the weeks but essentially it's where I want it to be. I've moved on to other interests.
Ah, good to hear. I was going based off the "Future Expansion" part of the mod page that talked about some post-rocket goals.

If you ever don't want to keep up maintaining this, especially as other Factorio updates break things etc, I'd be glad to take on keeping this functional.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

What I need to switch off?
2019-10-21T21_02_32-Factorio 0.17.72.png
2019-10-21T21_02_32-Factorio 0.17.72.png (63.17 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
enabled mods

CyberMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CyberMan »

Deadlock989, question to you: how can youtube creators play your mod and monetize their videos? Your license forbids that.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:20 am
Deadlock989, question to you: how can youtube creators play your mod and monetize their videos? Your license forbids that.
I wonder, both Arch666Angel and Pyanodon (just to name some of the most known ones) use the exact same licence, but they aren't being spammed with these comments ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 am
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:20 am
I wonder, both Arch666Angel and Pyanodon (just to name some of the most known ones) use the exact same licence, but they aren't being spammed with these comments ?
pretty sure its a combination of deadlock actually mentioned it and pretty much everyone has ignored that part of the license when playing both angels and pymods

Return to β€œMods”