[0.17/0.18] LTN Combinator

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17] LTN Combinator

Post by dockmeister »

eduran wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 pm
Is this error-message shown when some UI element is invalid? If so, I think you have to start working around that issue by rebuilding your UI whenever this error occurs.
Background: I've had errors like that reported about LTNT quite a few times. My suspicion is that some mods call clear() on root UI elements when they want to clear their own UI. Since all mods have access to all modded UI elements, that also deletes your UI. Problem is, you only notice it when someone clicks your combinator. By that time it is near impossible to figure out when and how the UI got deleted. I am still hoping for a report were only a few other mods are involved. But so far, these cases always had 50+ mods active and I am not going to wade through all that code to find the culprit(s).
holy moly, thanks for the info. The check involved, checks if ltnc's data table exists AND if the window is valid (for a specific player index)
Oaquasis wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:49 pm
I keep getting this error: "LTN-Combinator:
Can you post your full mod list? I want to be sure its not ltnc.

thanks

Oaquasis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oaquasis »

dockmeister wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm
I don't think you did something wrong, i had this error report before (thread in the mod portal). I am still unable to reproduce it.

Does it happen, when you load LTN-C as a new Mod into an existing savegame? Does it happen, when you start a new game?

cheers
I just restarted the server and it worked for a little while (for me), but it broke after a couple of minutes.
The weird part is, that it only breaks for me (Player #1). My friend can keep opening the GUI of the combinators.
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:56 pm
Is this error-message shown when some UI element is invalid? If so, I think you have to start working around that issue by rebuilding your UI whenever this error occurs.
Background: I've had errors like that reported about LTNT quite a few times. My suspicion is that some mods call clear() on root UI elements when they want to clear their own UI. Since all mods have access to all modded UI elements, that also deletes your UI. Problem is, you only notice it when someone clicks your combinator. By that time it is near impossible to figure out when and how the UI got deleted. I am still hoping for a report were only a few other mods are involved. But so far, these cases always had 50+ mods active and I am not going to wade through all that code to find the culprit(s).
holy moly, thanks for the info. The check involved, checks if ltnc's data table exists AND if the window is valid (for a specific player index)
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:49 pm
I keep getting this error: "LTN-Combinator:
Can you post your full mod list? I want to be sure its not ltnc.

thanks
We definitely have more than 50 mods :lol: :

Code: Select all

Accumulator Wagon
Angel's Addons - Ore Silos
Angel's Addons - Pressure Tanks
Angel's Addons - Warehouses
Angel's Infinite Ores
Angel's Petro Chemical Processing
Angel's Refining
Angel's Smelting
Auto Trash
Automatic Coupling System
Bob's Adjustable inserters
Bob's Assembling Machines
Bob's Electronics
Bob's Functions library mod
Bob's Greenhouse mod
Bob's Logistics Mod
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates
Bob's Mining
Bob's Modules
Bob's Ores
Bob's Power Mod
Bob's Revamp Mod
Bob's Tech
Bob's Vehicle Equipment
Bottleneck
Conman Construction manager
Deadlock-Mod Integrations
Deadlock's Crating and Stacking for Bob's and Angel's mods
Deadlock's Stacking beltboxes & Compact Loaders
Dectorio
Dispatcher
Even Distribution
Factorio Standard Library
FNEI
Fully Automated Rail Layer (FARL)
Helmod
Inventory Sensor
Land Mover
Logistic Cargo wagon
LTN
LTN Combinator
LTN Content Reader
LTN Tracker
Merging Chests
Miniloader
Multiple Unit Train Control
Nanobots
NiceFill
Nixie Tubes
Optera's Library
Picker Atheneum
Picker Belt Tools
Picker Blueprinter
Picker Dollies
Picker Equipment Keus
Picker Extended
Picker Inventory Tools
Picker Tweaks
Picker Vehicles
Portals
Power Grid Comb
Pushbutton
Quality of Life Research
Remote Switch
Replicating Belts
Resource Spawn Overhauler
ShinyAngelGFX
ShinyBobGFX
ShinyIcons
Signal Strings Library
Squeak Through
Stringy Train Stops
Teleporters
Text plates
Todo list
Train Color Signal
Train Scaling
Utility Combinators
VehicleSnap
VisionRadar
Wagon Colors
What is it really used for?
Wire Shortcuts
YARM
ModMyFactory modpack: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 6699324559

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:39 pm
I just restarted the server and it worked for a little while (for me), but it broke after a couple of minutes.
The weird part is, that it only breaks for me (Player #1). My friend can keep opening the GUI of the combinators.
That behaviour is inline with edurans suspicion. Quite a few mods on your list don't have UI's - it shouldn't be too bad going through them.
If you want you can find the culprit yourself:
Check that LTN-C UI is working. After you opened and closed ANY mod gui, check if ltn-c is still working afterwards.

I'll implement a working-around, but it will take a few days until i can upload an update.

cheers

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Background: I've had errors like that reported about LTNT quite a few times. My suspicion is that some mods call clear() on root UI elements when they want to clear their own UI.
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:39 pm
it is Teleporters which is deleting all center UI's.
I posted a bug report there. I will implement a workaround, but it will take a few days until i can publish it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I figured out why the reserved stacks per wagon LTN signal wasn't shown for me when I turned it on. On requester only the warning signal is shown and on provider only the reserved stacks signal. So everything works correctly. Just expected it to always show those two signals.

D4RT-one
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D4RT-one »

After last update I noticed that all my stations that were set as Requesters are now have both checkboxes as Requester and Provider
Attachments
20190406205622_1.jpg
20190406205622_1.jpg (699.29 KiB) Viewed 7283 times

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Hi,

i made a change to the "High Provide Threshold". The safety option which sets 5Mil as provide threshold. It is now 50Mil.

Nothing bad will happen, its just that you see Inputs specific to a Provider Station - even though you don't want to.

I work on an update, will be live soon

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi,

i made a change to the "High Provide Threshold". The safety option which sets 5Mil as provide threshold. It is now 50Mil.

Nothing bad will happen, its just that you see Inputs specific to a Provider Station - even though you don't want to.

I work on an update, will be live soon
Why set that at all? LTN already has a global setting that can be set to 50000000 if that is what you want.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

LTN's global setting would set a provide threshold of 50M for every station. LTN Combinator only sets the 50M provide threshold for requesters.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

DaleStan wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:26 pm
LTN's global setting would set a provide threshold of 50M for every station. LTN Combinator only sets the 50M provide threshold for requesters.
Depots ignore the value and providers set their own value. So that makes no difference.

Where is makes a difference is when you connect both a provider and requester LTN Combinator to a station so it can be both provider and requester. Then the 50M provide threshold interferes with the provider side when it provides liquids.

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

I would imagine that the best way to support the network signal would be a separate panel with 32 check-boxes, by default, all of them selected.

Better would be to have something being able to give custom names to the networks; ideally you would be able to edit network name in both LTN-T and in the combinator GUI.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

mrudat wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm
I would imagine that the best way to support the network signal would be a separate panel with 32 check-boxes, by default, all of them selected.

Better would be to have something being able to give custom names to the networks; ideally you would be able to edit network name in both LTN-T and in the combinator GUI.
Maybe this is something the LTN module should have an API for so different modules can query and manipulate that. And then LTN can use the network names in its messages instead of network 0xf8164538 when the network ID has a name..

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am
Why set that at all? LTN already has a global setting that can be set to 50000000 if that is what you want.
DaleStan is right. If you want to use your method you're free to do so. Just uncheck "High Provide Threshold" in LTN-Combinator Mod Settings.
That is something i am exploring. There are few kinks i have to smooth out in the current version. After that i would like to tackle that.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:27 pm
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am
DaleStan is right. If you want to use your method you're free to do so. Just uncheck "High Provide Threshold" in LTN-Combinator Mod Settings.
That is something i am exploring. There are few kinks i have to smooth out in the current version. After that i would like to tackle that.
Ahh, that setting didn't exist in the earlier version iirc. I only noticed my setup broke at some point. All fixed for me then.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Do i still need these "* -1" and arithemtic "yellow * yellow"? Or does that he automatic?

Also, i dont really find a explanation on how to use it.

Just place it and connect to green ltn lamp? Can inserts be controlled by it? Or does it JUST swappes out the constant combinator?

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

nuhll wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 pm
Do i still need these "* -1" and arithemtic "yellow * yellow"? Or does that he automatic?
Hi,

LTN-Combinator is just a replacement for a constant combinator. You have to connect a LTN-C to a LTN Input Lamp.
If you want to control inserters, you still have to use an arithmetic combinator.

cheers

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:05 am
Hi,

LTN-Combinator is just a replacement for a constant combinator. You have to connect a LTN-C to a LTN Input Lamp.
If you want to control inserters, you still have to use an arithmetic combinator.

cheers
Oh thats sad, because thats the most irritating part. Could you add that functionality? Or add another combinator? (best in the world would be one combinator which jsut need to be added with green and red signal)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:53 am
Hi,

cheers
Oh thats sad, because thats the most irritating part. Could you add that functionality? Or add another combinator? (best in the world would be one combinator which jsut need to be added with green and red signal)
Just make yourself a blueprint with the arithmetic combinator and LTN stop in it. That way you also get the wires too.

Blueprints of full stations with all the inserters and signals is also useful.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 am
Hi,

cheers
Just make yourself a blueprint with the arithmetic combinator and LTN stop in it. That way you also get the wires too.

Blueprints of full stations with all the inserters and signals is also useful.
Yeah, ive used to do this.

But its bugged since 0.17. cables disappear... or poles cant be upgraded (i use bobs and angels and many many other mods)

I would even pay if you could do this.

like one combinator for everything.

green cable (from ltn lamp) to your connector -> to chest
red wire from ltn stop to your connector -> to inserters

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

It is possible to mod one entity with multiple combinators and i actually started the mod with such a feature in mind. I decided later not to implement such a feature.

The main reason for that is increased complexity with a loss of flexibility and very little gain. I might look into that in the future, but there are some hurdles on the form of API limitations on the horizon.

Return to β€œLogistic Train Network”