[solved] HELP! No petroleum coming out?!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Majorbrighton
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[solved] HELP! No petroleum coming out?!

Post by Majorbrighton »

Hi all, I am your newest noob! Having tried to get some petroleum for plastics and have 13 tanks of stored oil with 3 oil refinery's piped/joined to 1 storage tank for Petroleum, yet there is nothing in it, only a little in the pipe itself?
I have had a tiny amount of plastic (5-8 peaces), Wondered what am I doing wrong? I have searched youtube, yet only found an advanced oil process that did not help. Thankfulfor any tips.

Oh and for any debs out there... Hug, fantastic game and many hours will be lost! So thank you :D

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: HELP! No petroleum coming out?!

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

You have to put tanks to the other oils also.
Your raffinerie would not work if it can not output all 3 oils at the sametime.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

As Phillip said, if one of the oils get backed up, then the refinery just stops. So you need to make tanks for each type (heavy, light, and petroleum). Just make sure the tanks don't completely fill up, or if they do add more tanks and everything should work fine. :p

Also, if you need something to use your light oil on, don't forget it can be !Ade into solid fuel for your boilers to use, or cracked into petroleum gas. ;)
Image Image Image

Majorbrighton
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Majorbrighton »

Wow thanks for that quick response, my evenings saved! All the pipes go to this one tank for max effect I thought, so will try putting 3 tanks on each of the 3 Refinarys and see the magic happen or maybe then I can link those tanks up?
Thanks so much for the amazing response time and kind help... Will get back to you..

Majorbrighton
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Majorbrighton »

:D Just to thank you all for your help, " storage" was the word of the day. I'm still very low on petroleum, yet getting a few bits of plastic every 15 mins! Thanks :roll:

Jythier
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [solved] HELP! No petroleum coming out?!

Post by Jythier »

Something's still not right.

You need to do something with all the heavy and light oil. Storage thing, whatever. But you can't MIX them. And you should have a petroleum-gas-only line running to your chemical plant.

So it will pump PG into the chemical plant, meanwhile it will pump light oil into storage and heavy oil into a separate storage.

If you hook up the light oil or the heavy oil to the PG it will flush the PG out of the pipes and you won't be able to make anything with the PG.

Return to “Gameplay Help”