Nuclear fuel in tank after using solid fuel

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Nuclear fuel in tank after using solid fuel

Post by Aardwolf »

Hi,

I'm wondering if the following observations are correct:

1.) When driving the tank, a piece of fuel you put in the slot immediately disappears, and fills up the red bar. So you no longer see the item, but the fuel is in the tank now.

2.) If you drive with solid fuel and swap out the solid fuel for nuclear fuel, the red bar still shows some remainder of original solid fuel that's left in the tank (not as an item, but "inside the tank'"), so while you put nuclear fuel in the slot, you are still driving on a remainder of solid fuel until the bar is empty.

3.) However, you already get the accelaration/speed benefit of the nuclear fuel at that point. Which would be good! Would be annoying if you have to wait for it

Are these all correct? I did get that impression that this is indeed what is happening, but got quite confused.

Thanks! :)

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nuclear fuel in tank after using solid fuel

Post by theolderbeholder »

3 is not the case. You can easily try yourself: place one wood into tank (tanks tank, actually), drive a metre, nukular fuel into the tank, then drive around -> chugga-chugga-chugga-chuwwhhhEEEEEEEEEEE :mrgreen:

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Alright, got it. In that case it was a psychological effect :D "I got nuclear fuel in my tank! It feels so much faster now!". Must have been truly faster only once that solid fuel ran out :)

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

theolderbeholder wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:29 pm
3 is not the case. You can easily try yourself: place one wood into tank (tanks tank, actually), drive a metre, nukular fuel into the tank, then drive around -> chugga-chugga-chugga-chuwwhhhEEEEEEEEEEE :mrgreen:
Do we have speed debuff by using wood as fuel for tank?

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

No, plain 100% speed and acceleration for wood and coal, there is some bonus for solid, iirc.

Return to “Gameplay Help”