Random chests?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
PinkiePie5892
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Random chests?

Post by PinkiePie5892 »

Hello guys, I’m unsure if this is a bug or a feature, but I’ve been playing Factorio for some time now, and my cousin and I have been encountering random chests/items in the world occaisonally, we’ve even had an Electric Energy Interface appear once on an old world (it’s a debug item that allows the user to set up how much energy it discharges and how much energy is consumed) and earlier last night, my cousin found a chest with a little bit of nuclear fuel in it, none of us are using commands because then we’d see who did it. Are loot chests and items a thing or is this a bug where random items can spawn?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Random chests?

Post by Jap2.0 »

PinkiePie5892 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 pm
Hello guys, I’m unsure if this is a bug or a feature, but I’ve been playing Factorio for some time now, and my cousin and I have been encountering random chests/items in the world occaisonally, we’ve even had an Electric Energy Interface appear once on an old world (it’s a debug item that allows the user to set up how much energy it discharges and how much energy is consumed) and earlier last night, my cousin found a chest with a little bit of nuclear fuel in it, none of us are using commands because then we’d see who did it. Are loot chests and items a thing or is this a bug where random items can spawn?
No, it's not something that's supposed to happen. Are you using any mods or special scenarios?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

PinkiePie5892
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PinkiePie5892 »

I’m not using any form of mod in the slightest, pure vanilla. I’m unsure of how or why this happens

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

you should play singleplayer and a make a new game then there won't happen any funky stuff to you
+ reinstall the game lmao

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

PinkiePie5892 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 am
I’m not using any form of mod in the slightest, pure vanilla. I’m unsure of how or why this happens
It can be scenario, it looks like vanilla, but you have scripts in background.

PinkiePie5892
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PinkiePie5892 »

I don’t know how to do scenarios, all I’ve ever done is vanilla gameplay with my cousin, I don’t think he know how to do them either

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

PinkiePie5892 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm
I don’t know how to do scenarios, all I’ve ever done is vanilla gameplay with my cousin, I don’t think he know how to do them either
Can you upload the save?
(%appdata%/Factorio/Saves on Windows)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “General discussion”