[0.16.51] - Train Stop not sending decimals to pump over circuit network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
yugatha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51] - Train Stop not sending decimals to pump over circuit network

Post by yugatha »

Hi,

So today I finally finished my "big blue chip" station (ermagherd), and got everything running. After leaving it for a few hours, I checked it again and noticed there were no blue chips being produced, due to having no sulfuric acid, though the train was at the station.

Seems that the pumps weren't drawing the last of the sulfuric acid, causing the train to stay at the stop. This is the first time this has happened - I have the same rule (for different fluids) at different stops.

I figure this is likely a double / int issue between the fluid contents and the circuit network. If required, I can provide a save file with the train in the trapped state.

Facts:
  • Train stop is set to pass contents through to the circuit network
  • Train waits at the station until the wagon is empty
  • The pumps are set to activate only when Sulfuric Acid contents are > 0 (to prevent drawing fluid when another train pulls up) (not that it should)
I know that I can work around the issue in a number of ways:
  • Set the train to leave when "train contents <= 1" (which I've now done)
  • Remove the pump filter (prefer not to, in the unlikely event that I route a train to the wrong place)
Some pictures of the rules etc for visualisation
Wagon Contents
Wagon Contents.png
Wagon Contents.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1166 times
Train Stop Circuit Rule
Train Stop Circuit Rule.png
Train Stop Circuit Rule.png (869.64 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Train Rule
Train Rule.png
Train Rule.png (163.53 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Pump Rule
Pump Rules.png
Pump Rules.png (582.68 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] - Train Stop not sending decimals to pump over circuit network

Post by Zavian »

Signals are always integer values. The fact that this can cause issue when using circuits to empty trains is known. See viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47626 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49274.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

While "Empty cargo" is better than "Fluid X = 0", as the latter can be rounded down, i dont understand the need to control the pumps, other than the fear of sending the wrong liquid there and enabling them only when there is acid in the train. If its only one train, you could read Train ID instead, in both loading and unloading station.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Not certain this will always work, but I can't make it break so far, try adding a delayed echo to the readout:
snap@T135205=848x560+58.75-29.75,z2.jpg
snap@T135205=848x560+58.75-29.75,z2.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
The combinator's just an "Each-0⇒Each" isolator, so the pump sees what's in the train this tick plus the one-tick-delayed echo of what was there last tick. Apparently wagon pumps enable based _only_ on what was on the wire the tick the exact tick the train arrived, if you just delay the signal the pump never enables at all, and if you try enable-unless-there's-something-else-there and delaying the readout, the pump enables regardless of what's there.

Return to “Gameplay Help”