Entity equations

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Proculator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Entity equations

Post by Proculator »

A favorite dev word is recipe ... another way of saying function and parameters.

Getting started is all about mining functions: b1(?) = dc and m1(?) = df→c ... ? being the ore.

Early game research requires s1 and s2 stacks ... a real pain to craft manually.

Early game automation requires stack equations utilizing mining, pump and assembly functions.

A stack equation is just a series of functions ending up with a desired entity stack.

Later in the game, there are conversion equations tapping: pump, refinery, chemical functions.

The s1 stack equation is: m1(ir)→a1(۞)→a1(cp,s1) ... a mining plus 2 assembly functions.

That is, iron ore to iron plate to gear wheels plus copper plate creates a s1 stack.

Electric powered functions: m1(?) = df<←c(co)>→c(?); a1(,?) = a(,)→c(?): a passed stack

... note that m1(?)'s furnace requires a coal stack independant of the supplied electric power.

The s2 stack equation is: m1(ir)→a1(۞)→a1(ir,ῼ,↔)→a1(╬,s2) ... don't have entity icons.

Note that a1(,?) works for both a1 and a2 assemblers. The point of math is simplicity.

Hopefully, none of you need aspirin after your skim of this. :o

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Entity equations

Post by Nova »

I did unterstand absolutely nothing of what you said, sorry. :/

What is b1? Is dc one variable or a multiplication of d and c? What is dc / d and c? What do you mean with the arrow (→)?

But even if I would understand this stuff (translating high complexity math is hard ^^), what do you want with this thread? Do you want to discuss Entity Equations (whatever that is)? Do you ask if we know more? Do you just want to show your conclusions for some thinking about this theme?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

He made up a language to describe how his factory works.

(You can see the same thing in game by pressing Alt, but don't tell him and spoil his fun.)

Proculator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Proculator »

Thanks Nova and DaveMcW for your response. DaveMcW got it despite the joke. Sorry, but the ALT reference is different.

I find Factorio challenging to play … even in Peaceful, a lot of stop re-supply here … re-supply there, etc. Thank God for Logistics.

There must be a few people who use math regularly … I. e. lets see: $10.35 for restaurant meal …. $6 for that video. :idea:

And, I doubt that few Factorio players don't take notes while playing Factorio … the few that don't do all math in their head!

Sente
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sente »

The notes I tend to take I put it directly on the map. The rest, I do the math in my head ^_^

Return to “General discussion”