Factorio Any% TAS (v0.16) - World First! - 2:05:31

Post about Let's plays and streams.
gotyoke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio Any% TAS (v0.16) - World First! - 2:05:31

Post by gotyoke »

Video link: https://youtu.be/9F8PI_VYdV8

World's first Factorio any% tool-assisted speed-run (TAS). Inspired by AntiElitz, Rain9441, TAS mods by YourNameHere/Bilka and the steelaxe% TAS run by Xpert85, this vanilla single-player speed run goes from nothing to satellite launch in 2:05:31. This beats the current world record set by AntiElitz by over 50 minutes! Well he's only human ;)

There is plenty of room for improvement for this run in the any% TAS category, as this build uses a default options strategy. But seeing as how it took me 3 months and 350 in-game hours to make this one, I'm ready to let this run stand for a while.

The only mod allowed in this category is the mod that controls the player, and it must enforce vanilla rules. My mod, which takes the form of a scenario so you can run it, can be found here: https://github.com/gotyoke

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio Any% TAS (v0.16) - World First! - 2:05:31

Post by Bilka »

This is incredible, thank you so much for sharing! Did you program every action directly or did you have some kind of script that helped generate part of the syntax?

You also seemed a bit confused about my version of the mod, and the version by yournamehere: We are not the same person :P I forked the mod and improved its code a lot, and then later updated it to 0.16. So, my version is a bit better than the one by yournamehere, but they are based on the same code and nearly identical.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Awesome Job.

gotyoke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gotyoke »

Bilka wrote:This is incredible, thank you so much for sharing! Did you program every action directly or did you have some kind of script that helped generate part of the syntax?

You also seemed a bit confused about my version of the mod, and the version by yournamehere: We are not the same person :P I forked the mod and improved its code a lot, and then later updated it to 0.16. So, my version is a bit better than the one by yournamehere, but they are based on the same code and nearly identical.
Thanks for the clarification :)

I programmed the commands in a tab-separated format, and have a python script that converts it to the LUA file, with some sanity checks. The script takes advantage of a couple nifty development time-saving ideas I came up with, such as reference coordinates and templates. I intend to add the python script to the github repo after I add some improvements (i.e. make the code less ugly).

Return to “Videos”