I only have a small suggestion, so making a whole new thread for it seems overkill. With more active work being done on the portal (yay!) wouldn't it be prudent to introduce an active/implemented/rejected system like in the API requests forum? Readability of this forum is slowly decreasing as it becomes a mix of bug reports, feature requests, implemented suggestions and general discussion. For the moment i'll put anything i notice here and hopefully remember to [ strike ]out things that are implemented (other people are welcome to join, and i don't mind if the implementing dev does the [ strike ]'ing).
One Line Suggestions:
- Ability to change the internal mod name (time limited? license-like requests?) / Set a forward to a successor mod.
- Remove gravatar as nobody uses it. Allow uploading custom avatar instead, or use forum avatar.
- Automatically show the changelog from the most recent mod.zip in a seperate tab.
- Automatic dependency download / Mod pack support (Planned for 0.17)
- Better search function
- Support for multiple tags per mod.
- On-Portal and Email notifications for discussions
- Show latest mod version in quick-info panel.
- Multi-language support.
- Uploading images via URL link
- Subscribing to mods / mod authors / "Favourites".
- Stable/Experimental/Private release channel support.
- More relevant download statistics. / (Per Version) Rating system. / Steam-like "recent" rating system.
- Grouping similar / dependant mods on search page.
- Hide images used in the information page text from the image bar.
- Seperate the "thumbnail" from the images bar. Enlarging it is not useful, and it is often the only picture a mod has. Partial ☆
- Trending mods search Partial ☆
- Filter by game version Done★
- Allow deprecating old mods.Done★
- Allow changing ownership, and adding collaborators.Done★
- Add an FAQ tab. Done★
- Show mod dependencies with direct links to each mod. Done★
- Moderating (delete/rename) of discussions. Done★
Stars collected: ★★★★★★☆☆