Some Dry Stuff

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Re: Some Dry Stuff

Postby Dry Hairy Tree » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Behind the scene...

MiniBus 12.jpg
MiniBus 12.jpg (464 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Very good. Halfway into Kovarex and all science packs are still sitting in the same position on the line as when it began. The research is 30 seconds, so, with my 30 labs, and my alleged 1 per second science pack production, the job has been done. The extra iron not being smelted is used in military when it is running. Copper is weird it stops and starts but any less and I run out. Hard to figure what exactly is happening at this point. Oil seems more than sufficient but it's all backed up so still monitoring there. That's the tricky part of testing these things, the factory provides it's own storage buffer with belts and smelters and even assemblers all loaded with goods.

I definitely like the idea of separating out the intermediates from the assembly 'proper' by placing gear and circuit production on one side of the bus and science on the other. Much easier to see what's going on, and to locate any issues.

This is close to what I'm after. Something I can knock up very fast (with bots and fast start kit). Some design flaws to iron out yet.
Dry Hairy Tree
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Some Dry Stuff

Postby Dry Hairy Tree » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:32 pm

I gave it a dry run, and...

Oh hell yes. This is the business!

2:23 minutes, high tech science packs start rolling out. There is still some smelting/belts/inserters/modules to upgrade/add to get full speed.

MiniBus 13.jpg
MiniBus 13.jpg (182.87 KiB) Viewed 123 times

Important mods: Quick start.

Not so important but you'd need to build bigger without: 2 x red, 2 x blue circuits.

Irrelevant to the time taken here: infinite ores.

I made a lot of mistakes...

MiniBus 14.jpg
MiniBus 14.jpg (445.14 KiB) Viewed 123 times

Basically I didn't really know where the blueprints were in relation to other parts of the map. Note how close I got to cutting myself off with where I dropped power. :D

I had to remake the entire bus as I messed up spacing. A bus is easy when you make it one assembly line at a time. A whole bus at once is a big job. Then I sent stuff down the wrong lines, batteries glitched out (in the last run too?) and weren't running, etc.

But this was VERY fast. I'm a slow builder, and a total daydreamer. The potential for sub 2 hour high tech (and the rest) for others is right there.

But I got another idea now. :D
Dry Hairy Tree
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Previous

Return to Show your Creations