[kovarex] [0.15.37] right-click mining issue when losing mouse focus

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [0.15.37] right-click mining issue when losing mouse focus

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi, in this version 0.15.37: the "progress" of mining, seems to be remembered when we right-click, and let go of the mouse button sometime before mining is complete. (we can start rightclicking on the item again to mine it from where we left off, and this is useful).

but if we keep the right-click mouse button held down continuously, but slightly loose focus (like moving the mouse cursor slightly off the object being mined when trying to scrollwheel zoom in for example), as soon as the mouse cursor is back in contact with the tree or Rocks etc, the mining progress bar simply resets back to 0.

i do like the fact that we are able to spend some time mining a large rock (which in some mods could be quite hard in terms of hardness), and then continue later and it remembers our mining progress, but if we keep holding down the button, i think it would make sense that the object should still be able to continue being mined, and to remember the progress, even if we slightly lose mouseover focus for a brief time? :)
Last edited by foodfactorio on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [15.37] right-click mining issue when losing mouse focus

Post by foodfactorio »

just to add that if you Hold down the mining button, you can move the mouse cursor even over a tree, slowly, but quickly enough so that you do not fully mine the tree, and can keep moving the mouse onto the tree, and off the tree, again and again, for ages, while holding the button, and the tree will never be chopped down :)
(and the axe seems to lose durability as though you chopped down several trees)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.15.37] right-click mining issue when losing mouse focus

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.16, so mining with nothing selects doesn't reset the mining progress, only when something different starts to be mined.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.15.37] right-click mining issue when losing mouse focus

Post by foodfactorio »

many thanks kovarex, i recently tried the 0.16 experiemental version, and this works great :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”