[MOD 0.10.x] ForDev's Power Mod [v0.5.0 WiP]

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Forien
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.10.x] ForDev's Power Mod [v0.5.0 WiP]

Post by Forien »

Hello everyone!

I want to present you my very first mod ever (not only Factorio). At the beginning, I've called it "Nuclear Power Mod", but the more I was doing it, the more I wanted. So now it's called "Power Mod". It adds new items, recipies, techs, entities and new ore.
Graphics are a bit... Well, you will see. But I have my friend working on a 3D models so let's hope they will get better.

Features ('coz we love 'em, don't we?)
  • Uranium ore! Should be rare and small in numbers, but please test it. Notice that you will get a tones of stone attempting to mine uranium
  • Uranium processing technology - needed before you will do anything with uranium
  • Uranium enrichment with urnaium processing machine - some secret technology of the future let's you get enriched uranium and some by-products like depleted uranium and nuclear waste (not doing anything right now, just being a garbage)
  • Uranium bullets made from depleted uranium (as it's very dense and military likes it)
  • Uranium fuel made from any uranium (except for ore and waste) in uranium processing machine. It's not fuel in understanding of game machanics. After all you don't want to throw fissile material into your oven, do you?
  • Nuclear reactors - components for nuclear power plants. You will need a lot of stuff along with nuclear fuel.
  • Nuclear power plants! - Designed to be very powerfull, endgame source of power. Clean power to be honest (if we won't take into account pollution made by uranium processing machines). Also provided with very fancy visuals, that should never be in this game. Sorry!
  • Clean energy tech! Currently it is only one more obstacle before getting solar-panels, but it will have more purpose. I promise
To-Dos before 1.0 (don't think I'm done with it!)
  • Wind turbines - cheap, clean, constant energy. Cheaper and weaker than solar panels.
  • Geothermal reactors - similar to solar-panels, will give you smaller energy, but all the time
  • Graphics entirely made for this mod, not depending on license-free photos, or recolored/remodeled icons from base game
To-Dos later
  • Garbage "industry" - just allowing you to convert items to garbage and than dispose of it (but with lot of pollution)
  • Nuclear bomb? Maybe one time in times long to come.
Screenshots

Download
Preffered download: Click me!
Alternative download (if preffered doesn't work for you, or you don't want to support mod creator): Click me!

Mod's bugtrack
http://bugtrack.fordev.pl
Last edited by Forien on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My mods:
- Power Mod (WiP)

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] ForDev's Power Mod [v0.5.0 WiP]

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

pic's? Good Idea. I test in the next days.

Forien
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Forien »

Added some very basic screenshots.
My mods:
- Power Mod (WiP)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

2,5MW max output? So much effort for 2,5MW? It's like 5 steam engines.

Forien
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Forien »

Neotix wrote:2,5MW max output? So much effort for 2,5MW? It's like 5 steam engines.
Well, not exactly. How much space do 5 steam engines take? How much space do boilers, pipes, pumps take? How dependable on coal/solid-fuel/wood are you? How much pollution steam engines make? How easy is to build steam-engines farm if your map has small amount of water only in starting area?
Cost is high, true. But rewarding in every aspect. Especially as for now you do not need to feed nuclear plant with fuel. (that's also reason for that much fuel to be used in reactor's recipe)
My mods:
- Power Mod (WiP)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Impression:
- 2,5 MW feels a bit low for all that afford
- wind turbines should change their production in a broad band.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I liked it a great mod .. here is to implement the nuclear waste and convert them into fusion fuel (waste)

Acrosicious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Acrosicious »

Definitely keeping an eye on this one! Looking forward to Geothermals =)
Maybe "throw" in some grenades while you're at it ;)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

How long does it run at 2.5MW I like the idea of it a lot. Does the uranium last quite a bit in it or will I need to be worried of running out quickly? The nice part of Nuclear in Real life is rods accentually last a long time. Be worth it for remote outposts and such.

the_noisies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_noisies »

How can you craft a nuclear reactor when it requires 20 nuclear fuel, but slots can only hold 5?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

new version replace in imafe in powers?

Return to “Mods”