Anyone tell me how i'm failing?

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Anyone tell me how i'm failing?

Post by Velox »

Could someone please point out the error of my ways? i'm copying the (admittedly German video, which I don't speak) below video and he gets power, whereas I get none! I don't understand what i'm doing wrong! Mine is the top link, his is the bottom.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =933444439
https://youtu.be/4qyHHcoVlIw?t=360

Thanks!

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Anyone tell me how i'm failing?

Post by Velox »

I worked it out but still puzzled! - the boiler to overheater connection doesn't appear to like any kind of pipe at all. I've tried vanilla iron pipe, bobs mods copper & plastic, Yuokis "pipe horizontal" and N4 / A2 pipe. I even tried transmission shafts. Either the overheater just always has to be placed directly against the boiler or else something isn't right with piping heated water from the boiler.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

lol worked it out by accident. Seems that the 3M6/4 boiler isn't powerful enough to run overheaters unless you nudge them right up against it? Either that or the 3M6 boiler has funny pipe mechanics? I plugged in a Obnisnk AM-1/1951 and the above setup works fine with that when using pipes between the boiler and overheater.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

yes, it's the fluid-mechanics itself ... it takes too much water in a single time, so it can't heated enough, but with preheat or afterhear some °C it will work fine.
you can also use a little-boiler direct before the input of the overheater.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”