Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
matlater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by matlater » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:41 pm

It works great! Thanks so much <3
edit:cant wait for mods :D

User avatar
WhiteFang34
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by WhiteFang34 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:35 am

I have added support for mods.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

Kylerh15
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by Kylerh15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 am

hey i been trying to find a way to host a server for a few friends and i came across your service and it looks great but im not to sure how it works i cant click on any of the buttons on the site and it says
"connected
not authorized, invalid user token"

User avatar
WhiteFang34
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by WhiteFang34 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:47 am

Kylerh15 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 am
hey i been trying to find a way to host a server for a few friends and i came across your service and it looks great but im not to sure how it works i cant click on any of the buttons on the site and it says
"connected
not authorized, invalid user token"
This has been fixed, please try again.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

Kylerh15
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by Kylerh15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm

thanks it works!

matlater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by matlater » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi! Mods option works great but i can't upload Alien Biomes mod, I know there is 64 MB limit. Can you incrase this limit to 100 MB or make something like "gateway" for this mod?

User avatar
WhiteFang34
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by WhiteFang34 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 am

matlater wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Hi! Mods option works great but i can't upload Alien Biomes mod, I know there is 64 MB limit. Can you incrase this limit to 100 MB or make something like "gateway" for this mod?
You can get around that by removing the graphics from the mod. The server doesn't need them and it reduces the size to under 1 MB. I'll see about having my service remove the graphics at upload time so they don't count toward the limit.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

User avatar
WhiteFang34
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by WhiteFang34 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:24 am

WhiteFang34 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 am
matlater wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Hi! Mods option works great but i can't upload Alien Biomes mod, I know there is 64 MB limit. Can you incrase this limit to 100 MB or make something like "gateway" for this mod?
You can get around that by removing the graphics from the mod. The server doesn't need them and it reduces the size to under 1 MB. I'll see about having my service remove the graphics at upload time so they don't count toward the limit.
I've updated the service to remove graphics and sounds from mods. The upload limit for mods has been increased to 128 MB. A few rare bugs have been fixed as well.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

matlater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by matlater » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:56 pm

It works! Thanks a lot <3

Erythion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by Erythion » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:51 am

Hi, how about uploading mod settings?

User avatar
Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by Therax » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm

Holy crap, you added mod support!

Here’s a suggestion: have people upload “mod-list.json” and “mod-settings.dat,” and have your service download the active mods from the mod portal automatically.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Annelo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by Annelo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 pm

WhiteFang34 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 am
When the 0.15 releases started rolling out, I noticed that I was repeating the same steps to upgrade my headless server. Much like the spirit of the game, I started to automate those steps. Two weeks ago, I decided to go even further and make it into a service for others to use. It’s experimental at this point, however it’s ready to use now.

Simply go to https://factorio.zone and click the start button. In seconds you'll have a headless server. It's that easy.

I would appreciate any feedback. If there is sufficient interest, I will continue to add functionality.
Hi,it is possible to load saving?

User avatar
GrumpyJoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by GrumpyJoe » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 pm

Annelo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi,it is possible to load saving?
select empty save slot, upload save, start server
If you are going through hell, keep going!

Post Reply

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests