Problem with construction bots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hildegarde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problem with construction bots

Post by Hildegarde »

Usually I got my bots working well, but here... I cant understand what I've been doing wrong.

I'm trying to build something in the green area (with all the warning signs flashing). It says bots missing construction material. I triple-checked, the supplies are all located in passive provider chests in the area I circled in black on the screenshot. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong ? The logistics areas do not connect (it is intended) but it shouldn't cause that, right ?

EDIT : I added a roboport to connect the logistic areas and now it works... I am a bit puzzled still. Shouldn't construction bots be able to build anything as long as supplies and construction site are connected by a green area or have I learned a bit more about construction bots today ?

[img]20170506084216_1.jpg[/img]
Attachments
20170506084216_1.jpg
20170506084216_1.jpg (420.88 KiB) Viewed 1308 times

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Problem with construction bots

Post by Bushdoctor »

Hildegarde wrote:The logistics areas do not connect (it is intended) but it shouldn't cause that, right ?
Actually, that is used specifically to keep logistic networks separated.
If you want to include a roboport in a certain network, it has to actually connect to that network.

Having said that, I can't run 0.15 (yet) so I don't even recognize all the stuff on that screenshot. :)

Hildegarde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Problem with construction bots

Post by Hildegarde »

Oh, OK. So the construction Bots will only take the supplies in the logistic network where things are meant to be built ? It makes sense I guess. Thanks, I have learned something today ! :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”