Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Add multiplayer command /pause

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged in a topic with same suggestion.
[Koub] Sorry, I misunderstood your post, merging it to the "Thank You" thread instead :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Amarula »

Thank you all again for making this amazing game. Special shout out today to Bilka and everyone who contributes to the wiki, my essential go-to resource for planning my factory.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank You" thread :).

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

+1

Amazing game, already sunk 500+ hours into it.

Inglonias
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inglonias »

Last weekend was the first time I've launched a rocket since I bought this game almost two years ago. It was my first game with biters turned off, which made all the difference.

Thanks for the 32 hours in that game, and the uncountable hours more in the factories I never completed. I plan to keep at it.

akulla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by akulla »

Just wanted to say thanks to the Factorio devs (and the Factorio community). Even if I get busy and go away from Factorio for some months, reading the FFF makes me happy. Y'all are a huge inspiration! Keep doing you!

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

Counting down to Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and among my many blessings:
  • thank you to the kovarex, slpwnd, glex, twinsen, posila, oxyd, rseding, v453000, klonan, jitka, ernestas, wheybags, dominik, abregado, sanqui, zopa, and all the other team members for this amazing game, and the hours of pleasure spent amongst the machines in my factories;
  • thank you to bilka, koub, ssilk, and all the other support staff for the wiki and this forum for finding answers to my Factorio questions;
  • and thank you to all the players who so willingly share their creativity, advice, and passion for Factorio.
Even if you are not stuffed with turkey and pumpkin pie, may you be stuffed full of good times with family and friends!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

AzulCless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AzulCless »

Not much to say. 1k+ hours and I've yet to try any of the heavy mods like angel's or bob's. Already tried to type big walls of text, but it always falls short of my appreciation towards you lot, so I'll resign to simplicity.

Ty.

Mudified
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mudified »

I'm old and have been playing games for 30 years.
I became ultra-selective.(I'll really appreciate between 1 and 4 games per year, usually mostly indies)
And I never replay a game, with a few exceptions. (Super Mario World, Zelda:A link to the past, TMNT: Turtle in time, FFVII, Dark Souls games,... That's about it. The idea of a second playthrough will depress me for just about any other game.)

I launched a rocket in version 0.13.
And another in 0.15.
I also stared-and-never-ccompleted 2 or 3 other playthroughs.
And am now eagerly waiting for 1.0 to do a 3rd one. Reading FFF's as they come.

So, I hope this helps you visualise where this positions Factorio for me. :-)

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Thanks for making the game not shit itself on unexpected events :o

Image very related. Mod conflict with inventory size, and of course I had larger stack sizes.
error something happened_resize.jpg
error something happened_resize.jpg (581.88 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
Dang game didn't even skip a frame. Impressive.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

I have a new reason to thank the devs:

Thanks for making the lamps dim when power's low

I've ran out of coal a few times. >_>
I have mods! I guess!
Link

WoofPac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WoofPac »

Factorio is my favorite game even though I played a few in my lifetime 8-) Still there is a chance I will prefer another one in the future but that would also be a game created by you guys.
Thank you so much for this artful masterpiece and also the amazing & hard work!

Sincerely a devoted fan

Saiph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Saiph »

I first joined Steam in August 2004, and I've used it as my main game retailer ever since. I've now purchased 375 games on Steam, and about ten days ago, Factorio became my first ever 1,000+ hour game on the platform. The 2nd-place game is Euro Truck Sim 2, with "only" 570 hours. :D

Thank you to the amazing team at Wube Software for imagining, creating, developing and improving Factorio.

Thank you to the team who works on the Factorio Wiki, and helps players learn how to play.

Thank you to all the modders in the Factorio community, who add loads of new gadgets, new challenges, new depth and new layers of interest to the game.

Thank you to the Factorio YouTube community (including Aavak and Shenryyr), who help showcase Factorio's features, and also help players play the game and discover how deep it can get.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

All ways finding neat features in this game TIL you can add save games in real time while at the load menu. Neato.

This game provides hours of endless entertainment, the great thing too is you can go off into tangents. Playing with trains for hours, creating artistic designs out of stuff, the circuit network, modding, etc.

Kladdey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kladdey »

One of the greatest games ever, it has everything we could ever want from a game. It's fun, challenging, unique, pretty and you can't simply get enough of it.

Thank you <3

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

"Back in the saddle"

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Hello fabulous developers at Wube, I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying your game! I stopped playing a couple years ago (burned myself out trying to solve some circuit network challenges and moved to other games), but recently I started a new freeplay with the goal of reacquiring a bunch of achievements I lost (including TINS) when I had switched from DRM-free to the Steam version.

Let me also preface this with: I read (past tense) every single FFF and even most changelogs over the years so I already knew about almost every improvement that you've made.

And I'm just constantly awestruck! Everything comes together so well!

I specifically wanted to praise the sound design because I read some comments from people saying they didn't like the new assembler or inserter sounds and that made me a bit worried, but now that I'm in the midgame I can say that I love the new sounds! I still love the old rhythmic assembler sounds, but the new ones are almost like ASMR with the semi-random clinks and clacks.

You're the best devs! I hope you enjoy a nice break after v1.0.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank You" thread :).

vlashek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vlashek »

Hello from Russia, guys! Recently, i was going to read some selected post on vc.ru, and there was an article where millioner adviced Factorio. I wondered, because i never heard about that game. And this is strange, because i try to stay informed about games and stuff around this. So. I go to Factorio website. Hmmm. Looks authentic. Wow! They have a Mac version. I should try it.

Last 5 days i was go to sleep whet it already morning. I just cant stop playing this awesome game! I never imaging gameplay like this, and i never seen games like Factorio before. But it's actually absolutely incredible.

The game design is genius. And it's have so many ways to play.
This game i would like my kids to play for sure.
Thanks you for this great job. We love you guys.

Mathematician
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mathematician »

Rocket on website. I thank.
Some people say math is useless in life. I say life is useless in math.

Lishek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lishek »

Yup I agree full heartedly! I think what I love most about the game is the fact that it keeps it's basic gameplay elements that make it awesome through each of your games, no matter what settings you use etc... But at the same time is never exactly the same. There is always new layouts to try and different maps etc... Not to mention all the mods.

Return to “General discussion”