Allow cluster_count to be 1

Things that we aren't going to implement
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Allow cluster_count to be 1

Post by Mooncat »

Request: for "cluster" actions, please allow "cluster_count" to be "1". (Currently it cannot be less than 2)

I have made a non-directional projectile that creates an entity on impact. This will make the created entity overlap with the target and I don't want this. I prefer a slight offset between the entity and the target at random direction. With an additional invisible "cluster" projectile, it can be easily done. But the problem is it doesn't allow clustion action to have only 1 cluster projectile. :(
It would be nice if you can change the minimum value of "cluster_count" to be 1. :D
(Or is it already achievable? I only know that "offsets" in "create-entity" effect causes constant offsets rather than random direction.)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Allow cluster_count to be 1

Post by Rseding91 »

create_entity already allows for randomizing the position. That's what the "offset_deviation" is used for. The game will generate a random position within that bounding box and adjust the created entities position by that much.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow cluster_count to be 1

Post by Mooncat »

Rseding91 wrote:create_entity already allows for randomizing the position. That's what the "offset_deviation" is used for. The game will generate a random position within that bounding box and adjust the created entities position by that much.
Oh! It is hidden so well in demo-entities.lua. Good to know we have this option. :D
But the problem now is: I want to make sure there is an offset between the target and the entity. :?

Return to “Won't implement”