[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.26

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.17

Post by Veden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:33 pm

ddoarn wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:05 am
WildBraas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:02 am
Duplicate from mods portal.
17.17 crash after loading
Same story.
WildBraas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:02 am
Duplicate from mods portal.
17.17 crash after loading
https://imgur.com/G1EOw4c
Save https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nbb_U ... R2Ln4t7VyH
Thanks for the report.

This should be fixed 0.17.18

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.16

Post by Veden » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Vilkra wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:27 pm
Veden wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 am
Vilkra wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:25 pm
Hmm, so it's something wrong on my end. Damn I have no idea atm.
Thank you for looking into it.
I did end up finding some issues with the settlers, try 0.17.17 and let me know.
Now enemies attack, but expansion is extremely slow (notice the clock).

https://i.imgur.com/Sk5O77q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/akqpV8Z.jpg

This is with default settings.

On a new map I set evolution to 1, 128x speed and can't see any expansion even with ludicrous map settings.
I'll try disabling RSO in a bit. -Nevermind, I must have pollution for them to spread and my factory is dead.

--------------

Another question. What map/mod settings should I use as a beginner angel bobs player (and factorio in general)?
Should I use bob enemies? Seems like it just spawns nigh unkillable damage sponges at the end. Then what about default settings rampant enemies ending up with ~240 health at the end compared to a regular behemoth with 3k. How does that balance out in the end playing with angel bobs?
The smaller health default is to help compensate for the increased biter activity and resistances.

If towards the end of your game you notice they aren't keeping up you can use the mod setting scalers to directly affect things like damage, health, and range; These effects will work with a save and not just on a new game.

Angel bobs slows your progression significantly, so I would recommend turning the evolution sliders down for time and pollution at least.

I'm assuming you are using a weapon mod like bobs weapons, so I would recommend increasing the enemy max level to at least 6.

If you have extra RAM I would recommend setting at least the biter tiers to 10 so their progression is a smooth curve.

I would recommend setting the map mod setting Difficulty Scaling to somewhere between 0.3 - 0.7, while you are learning.

Steave
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Steave » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Image
Image
Image
Well, this doesn't seem right.
I'm not 100% sure if this is base Factorio or Rampant, but I strongly suspect it's Rampant since it's only happening with the fast biter faction from the mod.
The fast biter 2s in the screenshot are duplicating at a massive rate (not getting reinforcement from home or anything, duplicating on the spot), and getting trough the walls even before they destroy them. They were moving too fast to tell for sure, but our suspicion is that they got trough thanks to the duplicated biters spawning with an offset, and that offset sometimes being inside the wall.
For obvious reasons, it's unplayable atm with that kind of spawns. We've tried disabling the "enable the swarm" setting, to see if the collision changes had anything to do with it, but that did not help.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Veden » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Steave wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:50 pm
Well, this doesn't seem right.
I'm not 100% sure if this is base Factorio or Rampant, but I strongly suspect it's Rampant since it's only happening with the fast biter faction from the mod.
The fast biter 2s in the screenshot are duplicating at a massive rate (not getting reinforcement from home or anything, duplicating on the spot), and getting trough the walls even before they destroy them. They were moving too fast to tell for sure, but our suspicion is that they got trough thanks to the duplicated biters spawning with an offset, and that offset sometimes being inside the wall.
For obvious reasons, it's unplayable atm with that kind of spawns. We've tried disabling the "enable the swarm" setting, to see if the collision changes had anything to do with it, but that did not help.
What is your mod list?

Steave
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Steave » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Veden wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Steave wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:50 pm
Well, this doesn't seem right.
I'm not 100% sure if this is base Factorio or Rampant, but I strongly suspect it's Rampant since it's only happening with the fast biter faction from the mod.
The fast biter 2s in the screenshot are duplicating at a massive rate (not getting reinforcement from home or anything, duplicating on the spot), and getting trough the walls even before they destroy them. They were moving too fast to tell for sure, but our suspicion is that they got trough thanks to the duplicated biters spawning with an offset, and that offset sometimes being inside the wall.
For obvious reasons, it's unplayable atm with that kind of spawns. We've tried disabling the "enable the swarm" setting, to see if the collision changes had anything to do with it, but that did not help.
What is your mod list?
http://bladeinc.be/downloads/overrun_pack.rar
Includes all mods, mod settings and the savegames. If it matters, it's running on a server, with 3 players.
If you prefer just a list, I'll include this too: Image

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Veden » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 am

Steave wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 pm
Veden wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Steave wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:50 pm
Well, this doesn't seem right.
I'm not 100% sure if this is base Factorio or Rampant, but I strongly suspect it's Rampant since it's only happening with the fast biter faction from the mod.
The fast biter 2s in the screenshot are duplicating at a massive rate (not getting reinforcement from home or anything, duplicating on the spot), and getting trough the walls even before they destroy them. They were moving too fast to tell for sure, but our suspicion is that they got trough thanks to the duplicated biters spawning with an offset, and that offset sometimes being inside the wall.
For obvious reasons, it's unplayable atm with that kind of spawns. We've tried disabling the "enable the swarm" setting, to see if the collision changes had anything to do with it, but that did not help.
What is your mod list?
http://bladeinc.be/downloads/overrun_pack.rar
Includes all mods, mod settings and the savegames. If it matters, it's running on a server, with 3 players.
If you prefer just a list, I'll include this too: Image
My guess is Natural Evolution Enemies is causing your issue. Rampant using a different naming scheme and doesn't have any fast biter lvl names. Also unless you enabled the Rampant enemies then you wont see them by default.

T-Blade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by T-Blade » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 am

Hey, i am the one hosting the game Steave was talking about.

i added 2 screenshots as attachments. One for Rampant settings and one for NE.

Rampant
- World: Enable new enemies (disabled default) i did enable this one when creating the server. I did try to disable it, but it did not despawn or remove the fast biters lvl 2 at all (this may indeed point out that it is NE causing these)
- World: Enable NE as faction: default enabled and left untouched. so this will add any enemies and spawners from NE i assume?
- World: Fast Biter Faction: default enabled. Do you not add fast biters yourself then? how can we tell the difference to decide if it is NE or yours?

NE
- Enable green spawners (is the fast biters from NE)

As shown in the screenshot, it is only that specific type of enemy that spawns and duplicates at an insane rate. All other "factions" we have seen come in waves of 6-20

If you wish to see for yourself, we did give a link to our modpack, settings file and save games. just load the MPserv save, and go SW, or, wait for about 5 minutes and they will come to you :)

We will also create a post on NE about this issue since you suspect it is theirs. I do love the OHHH FUCK moment this bug has given us when encountering them the first time, but when they are back in the same force after 10 minutes after managing to wipe out the first wave of like 2-300 that becomes a bit hard when all you can currently make is turret mk1, light armor, a submachine gun and the basic ammo :D
Attachments
2019-04-14 13_21_59-Factorio 0.17.31.png
NE
2019-04-14 13_21_59-Factorio 0.17.31.png (90.01 KiB) Viewed 551 times
2019-04-14 13_21_25-Factorio 0.17.31.png
Rampant
2019-04-14 13_21_25-Factorio 0.17.31.png (161.39 KiB) Viewed 551 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by TheSAguy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

The Issue is with NE Enemies.
You have a bunch of Green Spitters. (Unit Launchers) attacking walls and thus creating hordes of units.
Seeing what can be done...

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:24 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Requia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 am

Is there some reason I should be using Clockwork instead of a different daylight mod? Was planning on Axial Tilt specifically.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.19

Post by Veden » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:08 am

Requia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 am
Is there some reason I should be using Clockwork instead of a different daylight mod? Was planning on Axial Tilt specifically.
Not at all, it is just I one that I have been using and would recommend if someone didn't have a daylight mod.

Vilkra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.22

Post by Vilkra » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm using the mod Lighted Electric Poles+ and big electric poles destroyed by passing by biters are not regenerated (safety on). Perhaps it's because lighted electric poles are not marked for safety. Then it would be sweet, if that could be updated :) .

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.22

Post by Veden » Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Vilkra wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:51 pm
I'm using the mod Lighted Electric Poles+ and big electric poles destroyed by passing by biters are not regenerated (safety on). Perhaps it's because lighted electric poles are not marked for safety. Then it would be sweet, if that could be updated :) .
Forgot to add this change to the changelog. 0.17.23 should work with the lighted big electric poles now.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.23

Post by Veden » Wed May 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Looking for a desync'ing save with as few mods as possible and all of the mods must be available.

T-Blade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.23

Post by T-Blade » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm

I might get one for you soon might go for a base clearing attack and last time we did that (on a previous map) we had massive desync loops.
Cannot help you with the as little as possible mods part though :) Been having a few desyncs on the current map too, but i normally just restart my server and that seems to resolve the issue.

Vilkra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by Vilkra » Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by Veden » Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.
agreed, but I would need a save to tell you anything more.

Vilkra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by Vilkra » Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Veden wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.
agreed, but I would need a save to tell you anything more.
After two hours they did a massive wave. Maybe it's because I'm barely producing now while rebuilding factory, so low pollution.

cameroon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by cameroon » Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 am

Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
Veden wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.
agreed, but I would need a save to tell you anything more.
After two hours they did a massive wave. Maybe it's because I'm barely producing now while rebuilding factory, so low pollution.
Similar thing, where the AI stopped moving. When I had first loaded up the save with the latest Rampant update, activity seemed normal but now the biters are all standing still.
Attachments
rampant_no_mods.zip
(7.95 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by Veden » Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 pm

cameroon wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 am
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
Veden wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.
agreed, but I would need a save to tell you anything more.
After two hours they did a massive wave. Maybe it's because I'm barely producing now while rebuilding factory, so low pollution.
Similar thing, where the AI stopped moving. When I had first loaded up the save with the latest Rampant update, activity seemed normal but now the biters are all standing still.

Not seeing any biter groups standing around, where are you seeing them?

cameroon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.25

Post by cameroon » Mon May 20, 2019 10:43 am

Veden wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 pm
cameroon wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 am
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 pm
Veden wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm
Vilkra wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Thanks for adding lighted poles to safety list.

https://i.imgur.com/mzL7eQ4.jpg

Three biter waves just standing there for a hour or so. Not sure if normal.
agreed, but I would need a save to tell you anything more.
After two hours they did a massive wave. Maybe it's because I'm barely producing now while rebuilding factory, so low pollution.
Similar thing, where the AI stopped moving. When I had first loaded up the save with the latest Rampant update, activity seemed normal but now the biters are all standing still.

Not seeing any biter groups standing around, where are you seeing them?
Any of the groups in radar coverage appear static (at least visually). Never tried to see if I can like reveal the map to see what other groups are doing.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users