Re-Enable Achievements...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
grapereader
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Re-Enable Achievements...

Post by grapereader »

Does this work for achievements that were disabled by converting a freeplay game to a scenario?

I did the "convert to scenario" trick to enable replays on my save and am now getting burned by even my local achievements not working.

Edit: Just tested. It does not.

Edit2:
Spent the rest of my evening trying to sort this out. No luck. Tried changing the file header for level-init.dat which appears to have the 'scenario' in it to be identical to my original freeplay save. But the game still classifies it as 'scenario-derived'. Also spent an hour searching through the game's Lua API to see if there is a way to modify the scenario flag, but doesn't look like it.

Don't want to play it anymore since it no longer feels like a "real" game. But I don't want to restart from before the replay trick as I've done so much grinding since then. Not worth it for the replays, which aren't even working anymore after updating my mod list. Feelsbadman. :?
Last edited by grapereader on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

MilV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MilV »

If anyone is still having trouble with this:
Im on Version 1.1.53 build 59373

I did everything JacobC1921 mentioned and ran into problems on step 4 -> "FF FF 00 01 00" was not present in my file.

To solve the issue I searched for the "command"-string entry and scrolled to the top of the message block (it seems all chat messages are one after the other in one chunk).

After finding it, it was just trial and error with switching out 01 for 00, repacking the file and starting the game.
The sixth try was successful in my case.

In my save file:
Bit.PNG
Bit.PNG (65.85 KiB) Viewed 3925 times

On an otherwise fresh save:
TheBit.PNG
TheBit.PNG (19.46 KiB) Viewed 3925 times

Onion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Onion »

@pawelzwronek Thank you so much for the program you made great work 10/10, and @keht your post gave me the answer of wich 00 01 00 because i had like 5 or 6 there an i didnt want to figured out through trial and error thanks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Deadshot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deadshot »

Hey all,
does this still work with version 1.1.61?
I tried everything but I can't Re-Enable Achievements. I don't find the "command-ran" line in my dat-files, but i found a lot of FF FF 00 01 00 and I replaced the 1 with a 0 but it didn't work.

Maybe someone can help me. I also attached my savegame.
For your information I use only this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/sonaxaton ... -resources

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.

Have a great day :)
Attachments
Unlimited.zip
(6.89 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Just had (hopefully) success on version 1.1.74.

The last few posts in this thread were really confusing, and have cost me a couple of hours, but I think in the end I succeeded.
I had about 200 level.datx files, so it was a rather painful experience.
First, I looked for FF FF 00 01 00 without decoding, no success.
I then decoded every and each of the files with the help of Pawels decoder, and looked again, with a huge lot of matches.
That did not look right to me, since even if I used the console, it was once by accident. No matches for "command" in both cases.

So then I read what Pawel wrote closely, and started going through the last files, looking for "horizontal_flow". I found it in one of the more recent files.
I then proceeded to look for the closest location of FF FF 00 01 00 before that.
Found it, as MPeti1 explained, and set the 01 to 00.
I compressed it with Pawels software, loaded the save, and seemingly it worked. Achievements for the save were reset, and started counting again.
I backed up the save just in case, and will write again, if anything out of the ordinary happens. I hope that this marks the end of my achievement adventures.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

orokanamame
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by orokanamame »

Well, unfortunately, Factorio 1.1.80 (build 60618, win 64) rejects the save modified using these instructions :?

Tried both the old and new ones, yet, the issue still persists, and the game shows it as "corrupted" with "level.dat" missing :?

Any ideas? Added my save file, if anyone is interested.

BTW, it's only level.dat21 that is affected, AFAIK. The command was ran very recently.
Attachments
gamesave(1).zip
(7.86 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

yi5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yi5 »

Hey, I made a small script which can "unbotch" your save game. The current limitations are that it only works once (don't ask me why I have no clue :cry: )

You can either try https://0x796935.github.io/ or if you want to download it and run it using NodeJS: https://github.com/0x796935/factorio-ac ... nt-restore

Method used is from: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... nts_after/
Which is basically the same as @pawelzwronek explained with the, find command-ran, then replace 0xFFFF000100 with 0xFFFF000000

Feel free to fork my code and upgrade it (please make pull requests also :D)

Return to “General discussion”