MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Post by ludsoe »

Ill be placing my mods here in a organised fashion. You can read more into the mods themselves by clicking the spoiler for each one.
Mod details are organised by [Factorio Version,Mod Name,Mod Version].

Sometimes there's beta versions of the mods in these.
GitHub Link: https://github.com/ludsoe/Factorio-MoMods
Experimentals: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/734q64 ... erimentals
0.12.X MoSkin Texture pack 1.1.7
0.12.16 MoWeather 0.3.06
0.12.16 MoCombat 0.5.86
0.12.16 MoIndustry 0.1.5
0.12.16 MoTransport 0.1.8
0.12.16 MoPower 0.4.24
MoPack AllMods
License: http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

All MoMods do not require new games to use them, they are perfectly compatible with existing saves. And are not invasive/harmful.

As a small warning, I haven't tested any of the MoMods with other mods.(All MoMods are compatible with other MoMods. No MoMod Depends on another MoMod, they just have cross compatibility.) If you try MoMods and have a compatibility conflict, report it to me and Ill iron it out. Same goes for any bugs you find. If you guys got suggestions, critics or anything just leave a post. Thanks!
Last edited by ludsoe on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 37 times in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.9.2] MoMods -Mods By Ludsoe

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I tested the tesla tower, and I love it!

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.2] MoMods -MoWeather: Prototype Released!

Post by Deathmage »

This is something i support of highly, self made mod api, keep up the good work

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.2] MoMods

Post by ludsoe »

Releasing MoWeather 0.0.2 Now, and as its powered by a development build of MoLogicCore. I'm releasing the development build alongside MoWeather 0.0.2.
Deathmage wrote:This is something i support of highly, self made mod api, keep up the good work
I'm Designing the Mod Apis mostly for myself, but I'm allowing anybody to use them for their own needs/wants. My hopes are that by releasing my work to be freely used by anyone we can see more high quality mods pop up.
kovarex wrote:Hello, I tested the tesla tower, and I love it!
I love it to. ;) I had lots of fun testing/balancing it, as i created a base surrounded by nests and my only defense was a bunch of Tesla towers and repair-bots.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Nice mods :) But you should make a MoPack xD

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Coming soon to a MoWeather near you!
Animated rain! Woooo!

MoLogicCore is also coming along nicely. Its data now saves properly, allowing MoTimer's(MoLogicCore Module) timers to count down even after saving+reloading. This allows MoWeather's weather events to persist better. (And what ever else uses timers.) Ill be pushing the new MoLogicCore Version when I release MoWeather 0.0.3.
ficolas wrote:Nice mods :) But you should make a MoPack xD
Do you mean a single download with all the mods? Or all the MoMods combined into a single folder?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

ludsoe wrote:Coming soon to a MoWeather near you!
Animated rain! Woooo!
Mmmm I thought you were going to use the motion that can be given to particle entities to do the rain, it looks like little explosions atm (maybe when particles are more random, instead of in a gif it looks better)
ficolas wrote:Nice mods :) But you should make a MoPack xD
Do you mean a single download with all the mods? Or all the MoMods combined into a single folder?
I mean a single download with all mods.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I tried MoCombat for a while, and am liking it so far.

Just one thing that bothers me, your tesla towers do damage DyTech walls.
Would it be possible to make those towers not damage them, at least?

I understand them killing other towers and the player, but if I need to protect them only with inferior walls when I have plenty of higher quality ones, it really feels weird.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

ficolas wrote:Mmmm I thought you were going to use the motion that can be given to particle entities to do the rain, it looks like little explosions atm (maybe when particles are more random, instead of in a gif it looks better)
Hopefully in the future weather would either be part of the base game, or we would get better tools to mod fancier weather.
ficolas wrote:I mean a single download with all mods.
Ill setup a new download for that when I release the upcoming MoMods update.
slay_mithos wrote:I tried MoCombat for a while, and am liking it so far.
Just one thing that bothers me, your tesla towers do damage DyTech walls.
Would it be possible to make those towers not damage them, at least?
I understand them killing other towers and the player, but if I need to protect them only with inferior walls when I have plenty of higher quality ones, it really feels weird.
That's a compatibility bug, Ill have a patch in the next update. Any other compatibility issues i should know about?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Hopefully in the future weather would either be part of the base game, or we would get better tools to mod fancier weather.
I said that because im pretty sure that you can give a motion to a particle entity.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Releasing a Beta Update thingy.
ChangeLog
Report any bugs/crashes related to my mod and Ill iron them out quickly.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.X] MoMods

Post by slay_mithos »

MoCombat
0.9.4: 'forcefield-post' throws two errors, charge/discharge animation with 0 frames now should not be specified at all instead.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Laser rifle use cells which crafted from batteries. But in game batteries re-usable(use in recipes accumulators).
Also I have an idea: use recharger. But cells must have large capacity(stack to one item, be expensive and rechrgable by craft in recharge) because they must be undestroyable. And if you use all it capacity - sorry, cell destroy. Also I have another idea: if cell use to empty capacity and destroy, cell create event. If event happens, game will create uncharged cell.
What you think?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

slay_mithos wrote:MoCombat
0.9.4: 'forcefield-post' throws two errors, charge/discharge animation with 0 frames now should not be specified at all instead.
Sorry for the delay, I got caught up trying to solve other problems with the force fields. Please take this new update as my apology.
Vitduo wrote:Laser rifle use cells which crafted from batteries. But in game batteries re-usable(use in recipes accumulators).
Also I have an idea: use recharger. But cells must have large capacity(stack to one item, be expensive and rechrgable by craft in recharge) because they must be undestroyable. And if you use all it capacity - sorry, cell destroy. Also I have another idea: if cell use to empty capacity and destroy, cell create event. If event happens, game will create uncharged cell.
What you think?
Rechargeable battery packs for the laser rifle? I'll look into it.

Hey Guys, New gifs!!! WOO.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

mo combat 1.7:

You forgot to set "forcefield wall post" to "enabled=false", so it is unlocked right from the start.
Minor thing, but it is strange to get a recipe by default that requires oil processing.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

slay_mithos wrote:mo combat 1.7:

You forgot to set "forcefield wall post" to "enabled=false", so it is unlocked right from the start.
Minor thing, but it is strange to get a recipe by default that requires oil processing.
Fixed with MoCombat 1.8, Also updated MoPower as it had the same problem with one of its recipes.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

ludsoe wrote:Hey Guys, New gifs!!! WOO.
Awesome !

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I had a small question about force field posts.

Do they get attacked like very normal wall that's in the way?
If they do, then it makes using them quite a lot trickier, because you would need to build walls around the posts to fortify them, negating part of the benefit from having them in the first place, and they cost way too much if they can be destroyed easily.

So before I invest into them, I'd like to have the answer to this ;)

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

slay_mithos wrote:I had a small question about force field posts.

Do they get attacked like very normal wall that's in the way?
If they do, then it makes using them quite a lot trickier, because you would need to build walls around the posts to fortify them, negating part of the benefit from having them in the first place, and they cost way too much if they can be destroyed easily.

So before I invest into them, I'd like to have the answer to this ;)
I'm still in the process of properly balancing the posts. The posts are fairly resistant to attacks themselves. And the field they produce damages biters when they attack it, I recommend testing out the fields in a test scenario. The base idea for the fields are the fact they regenerate health at the cost of energy.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Maybe the post could have small field around themselves as well to protect them.

Return to “MoMods”