Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by jodokus31 »

Khaim wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm
alercah wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 am
Additionally, unless my math is wrong, going via a coil has little benefit, as it adds an extra step in exchange for slightly faster processing. It doesn't seem worthwhile to have two separate steps here?
You're not wrong; the tier-1 coil recipes are no more efficient than simple casting, although they are slightly faster. (The tier-2 coil recipes add output in exchange for coolant.)
However the real benefit is compression. You're probably cutting the coil into plate immediately - don't! Each sheet coil item is 4 plates; if you move them as coils you can get 4x the throughput. That's huge.
I would also add, that you can add productivity modules for uncoiling, which is a very fast recipe and is also done in a regular assembler.
You can add productivity modules to normal casting machines, but the recipe is far slower and the machine doesn't except as much modules.
The fast uncoiling means, that you can get away with less machines/speed beacons to take advantage of productivity modules

Nebiroc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nebiroc »

Hello! The error and remained, the screenshot is applied.
Version 0.8.7.
Скриншот 2019-06-05 20_07_23.png
Скриншот 2019-06-05 20_07_23.png (31.23 KiB) Viewed 6581 times

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

alercah wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:02 pm
That's intentional; they were backwards before.
This said, there is a big here: the recipe localizations are unchanged, so the list of products in the title of the fermentation recipes are wrong now.

bulb5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bulb5 »

One little thing that's been around for a while (and it looks like you said you'd fix it a year and a half ago): Gas Refinery MK4 still doesn't fast-replace other gas refineries, and so you can't make an upgrade planner for it.

Rennug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rennug »

first launch

disable mods from list

IamKrev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IamKrev »

same problem as above, infinite ores does currently not work with v. 0.17.47

https://gyazo.com/591f8baa176c74eef36b1f09e0ff4a3b

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

IamKrev wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 pm

this error should be fixed now

riggis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by riggis »

Is it possible to forbid certain ores from being made infinite when using the infinite ores addon? I'm using it together with RSO.

Rennug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rennug »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:35 pm
IamKrev wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 pm

this error should be fixed now
yeah but error with angelsrefining still exists

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe so, after posting in Bob's, I dug some more and found this:

--CRAFTING
{
type = "recipe",
name = "angels-glass-fiber-board",
category = "advanced-crafting",
subgroup = "angels-glass-casting",
energy_required = 1,
enabled = "false",
ingredients ={
{type="item", name="angels-coil-glass-fiber", amount=1},
{type="fluid", name="liquid-resin", amount=40},
},
results=
{
{type="item", name="angels-void", amount=1},
},
icons = {
{
icon = "__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/void.png",
},
{
icon = "__angelssmelting__/graphics/icons/wire-coil-glass.png",
scale = 0.4375,
shift = { -10, -10},
}
},
icon_size = 32,
order = "j",
},
}
)
It's perfectly fine that you have ongoing work in the files - the problem that this particular way causes is that FNEI picks up the recipe but does not have a way to also pick up the enabled = "false".
Perhaps you could consider commenting out all work in progress instead of using a flag? I'll make a feature request for FNEI as well.

Mortbise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mortbise »

Not sure if Bob altered the filename or Angel references it incorrectly. 50% chance I'm at the right place I guess.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe [...]
Afaik, the recipe gets unlocked with researching "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

jodokus31 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote:
I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe [...]
Afaik, the recipe gets unlocked with researching "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".
I replied to this for you over on the Bob's thread, but it is under the "Metallurgy and Casting" menu, with a different icon than the one Bob uses. Use the Search tool to find it if you are having trouble.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe so, after posting in Bob's, I dug some more and found this:

--CRAFTING
{
type = "recipe",
energy_required = 1,
enabled = "false",
ingredients ={
},
results=
{
},
icons = {
{
},
{
scale = 0.4375,
shift = { -10, -10},
}
},
icon_size = 32,
order = "j",
},
}
)
It's perfectly fine that you have ongoing work in the files - the problem that this particular way causes is that FNEI picks up the recipe but does not have a way to also pick up the enabled = "false".
Perhaps you could consider commenting out all work in progress instead of using a flag? I'll make a feature request for FNEI as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but enabled="false" means that the recipe isn't available by default. But some technology can unlock it. Specifically "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote:

--CRAFTING
{
type = "recipe",
energy_required = 1,
enabled = "false",
ingredients ={
},
results=
{
},
icons = {
{
},
{
scale = 0.4375,
shift = { -10, -10},
}
},
icon_size = 32,
order = "j",
},
}
)
Correct me if I'm wrong but enabled="false" means that the recipe isn't available by default. But some technology can unlock it. Specifically "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".
Yes, this one is tricky. Looks like, the recipe gets overridden in smelting-override-bob.lua and added to the tech-tree and the tech unlocks it and sets enabled to true. So it should be fine.

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

So my friend and I are playing Bob's / Angel's, last experimental version and yellow belts are somehow at 30 i/s now. :P

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm
mrvn wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote:

--CRAFTING
{...stuff..}
)
Yes, this one is tricky. Looks like, the recipe gets overridden in smelting-override-bob.lua and added to the tech-tree and the tech unlocks it and sets enabled to true. So it should be fine.
There are several recipe that are generated with an empty output and then filled later depending on mod configuration. The "enabled" variable just tells if an recipe is available for crafting or not, if it is not enabled it can be if it is added to an research and then researched. So research will do nothing else than set the enabled variable to true for all recipes defined in the technology.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Astrella wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm
So my friend and I are playing Bob's / Angel's, last experimental version and yellow belts are somehow at 30 i/s now. :P
This is from Bob's Logistics, and it's because there's a tier of belts below yellow.

Xynariz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xynariz »

MageKing17 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:01 am
Astrella wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:56 pm
This is from Bob's Logistics, and it's because there's a tier of belts below yellow.
Bob mentioned that it's an issue where upgrading a mod accidentally reverted settings. If you go into the settings and turn off "belt overhaul", then the lower (grey) tier will disappear (and your yellow belt speed will be corrected).

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Is it intended that there is no Advanced Gas Refinery Mk4 unlocked by tech? I can see it in FNEI & Circuit logic conditions, but it doesn't seem to be in the tech tree anywhere. Seems odd that everything else goes up to Mk4/Purple, but the adv. gas refinery stops at Lv3.

Return to “Angels Mods”