MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x] Bio-Industries

Post by Termak »

There seems to be problem with traintracks and BioIndustries currently, atleast in my game in .17.20 i cannot cross traintracks when BioInd is enabled, when i disable the mod, or go into vanilla game, the tracks work normally. I linked these on the factorio discord, i have no idea how long they stay up though.
Every time i try to connect the cut traintracks it will cut the other direction.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

The powered rails do work, but wooden / "normal" ones wont.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Termak wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:56 pm
There seems to be problem with traintracks and BioIndustries currently, atleast in my game in .17.20 i cannot cross traintracks when BioInd is enabled, when i disable the mod, or go into vanilla game, the tracks work normally. I linked these on the factorio discord, i have no idea how long they stay up though.
Every time i try to connect the cut traintracks it will cut the other direction.

The powered rails do work, but wooden / "normal" ones wont.
Thanks for letting me know. The issue was a result of me adding the upgrade flag to wooden rial. I removed it for now.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Noticed 2 more issues while playing with the powered rails.
Firstly the normal powerpoles try to connect to the rails, which reserves the normal powerwire connectors on the poles so they sometimes wont connect to the nearby other normal powerpoles.
And often the powerrailconnector doesnt get power from the rails, moving it around sometimes fixes the problem, but often it just wont get power no matter where you move it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Termak wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 am
Noticed 2 more issues while playing with the powered rails.
Firstly the normal powerpoles try to connect to the rails, which reserves the normal powerwire connectors on the poles so they sometimes wont connect to the nearby other normal powerpoles.
And often the powerrailconnector doesnt get power from the rails, moving it around sometimes fixes the problem, but often it just wont get power no matter where you move it.
My ability with code has reached it's limit with the power rail, not sure how to fix. Will have to let it be or remove that entity - Sorry.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Nvm, looks like bob got it working without renaming...

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

My issue, here, regarding item names and recipe names for the Wood Products, and a lack of compatibility with Reverse Factory.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi TheSAguy
I have strange problem when playing with full set of py mods and Bio Industries
The BI ash is replaced by PY ash although the BI ash must be different from the PY ash because it is a slightly different product, right?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 am
Hi TheSAguy
I have strange problem when playing with full set of py mods and Bio Industries
The BI ash is replaced by PY ash although the BI ash must be different from the PY ash because it is a slightly different product, right?
First off, I'm not currently playing with Py. I'll do that after my Bob + Angel + NE + Rampant Death world play-through. Though I've died twice now...

But yes, I did attempt to make BI and Py's Ash the same. So you should be able to use them the same in both worlds. If you play with both mods, Py's ash is used.
I think the only difference now is that ash does not have a fuel value and I might take my fuel value off in a future update.

What issues do you see?

Thanks.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks for explanation TheASguy
I have some wishes to gameplay if :!: py mods detrcted:
1a) Can u do the replacement of BI fertilizer to PY Fertilizer so it can exisit in Bio Industries constantly? - no need to change BI advanced fertilizer - may be when pyanodon will develop his PY Alien Life Processing which will be analog of Bio Processing in angel mods he will think about new type of fertilizers
2a) Change results of Bio Farm to get not vanilla wood but PY( wood) logs
Here's explanantion

4 recipes have results
1) 40 vanilla wood + 80 pulp
2) 75 vanilla wood + 150 pulp
3) 135 vanilla wood + 270 pulp
4) 160 vanilla wood + 320 pulp

1 PY (wood) log sawn into 5 vanilla wood in PY wood processing unit - its SawMill in real life

So modified recipes will have view:
1) 8 PY log + 80 pulp
2) 15 PY log + 150 pulp
3) 27 PY log + 270 pulp
4) 32 PY log + 320 pulp

These changes allow to match concept of PYCP

3a) Increase cost of BI fertilizer by increasing sulfur cost - 2 sulfur + 10 ash + nitrogen
My thoughts abot BI fertilizer makes me think u wanted to make something like ammonium sulfide for fertilizer bcuz u using nitrogen + ash + sulfur
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I am unsure if you are aware yet, but in case you are not: Bio Industries currently needs an update after the 0.17.35 update. Currently, the mod will prevent the game from loading because references to "player" were changed to "character" in the base game.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

septemberWaves wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 am
I am unsure if you are aware yet, but in case you are not: Bio Industries currently needs an update after the 0.17.35 update. Currently, the mod will prevent the game from loading because references to "player" were changed to "character" in the base game.
Will update over the weekend, on vacation:)

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

I am curious about "going green". How does using Bioindustries affect evolution?

For example:

- Does the BioGarden only scrub the pollution cloud so that it does not reach enemy nests, or does it reduce pollution produce so that it reduces evolution too (evolution is kind of nuts in 0.17 so this could make a huge difference).

- Do Bioindustries buildings produce zero pollution?

- Can you use Bioindustries to go completely or nearly completely green? I. e. : Launch a rocket with near zero evolution?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 am
I am curious about "going green". How does using Bioindustries affect evolution?
"Going Bio" doesn't necessarily mean "going green"! You can get a self-sustaining resource production, but using these resources may very well be a dirty business.
For example:

- Does the BioGarden only scrub the pollution cloud so that it does not reach enemy nests, or does it reduce pollution produce so that it reduces evolution too (evolution is kind of nuts in 0.17 so this could make a huge difference).
Haven't built any BioGardens yet, so I don't know.
Frankly: no. There are buildings like Bio Nursery, Bio Farm, Bio Garden, Bio Solar farm, Solar power plant (with solar heated boilers), and Musk floor (pavement giving speed bonus + solar power) that don't actively pollute, but you need to produce steel, green/red circuits, and stone/concrete to build them. There is a circle wood--seeds--seedlings--wood that you can make more effective by fertilizing (using ash, fertilizer, or advanced fertilizer), but you need to burn wood to get ashes (which are an ingredient in fertilizer), and you need chemical production for the fertilizer. You can get some very efficient fuel (pellet coke: 28MJ, 110% vehicle acceleration, 85% pollution), but it's at the end of the chain wood--charcoal--coal--pellet coke where you need to process each ingredient in a cokery, and burning stuff creates pollution.

I'm actually playing a game with coal patch frequency set to 25% and size/richness to 75%. I have a bunch of BioFarms to get wood, and my steam engines (haven't research solar power yet) are still running on charcoal (6MJ, 105% pollution, stack size 400, so it lasts quite some time in vehicles). So, I've gone Bio, but my factory still pollutes a lot. (Doesn't matter in my case, as I'm also using Research causes evolution.)
- Can you use Bioindustries to go completely or nearly completely green? I. e. : Launch a rocket with near zero evolution?
Given the above, I'm inclined to say no. It may be possible to clean the air completely later on, with many Bio Gardens and lots of planted trees, but I don't know for sure. The point is, however, that you can produce things differently (e.g., plastics from wood) or save on resources (e.g., get more bricks from stone by processing crushed stone and ash) by using replenishable resources (i.e. wood).
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Thank you PI-C. From that description it sounds like Bioindustries is mainly another set of resources/buildings but not a way to go green.

I wonder if there is any mod that let's you go green in a semi realistic way. The easy way would be to tweak the new games options to reduce or eliminate pollution, but that would not be actively going green.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Thanks Pi-C for your answers, I'll add a few more.

zOldBulldog wrote:

Evolution is affected by 3 things. Time, Pollution and Destroying Enemy Spawners.
Bio Industries has buildings like Nursery, Bio Farm and Bio-Garden that actually absorbs pollution, thus preventing it from reaching enemy spawners and reduce attacks. The pollution is still produced by the other buildings, so it won't stop Evolution.
zOldBulldog wrote:
The Buildings I add usually produce less or no pollution and the ones above actually absorb pollution.
zOldBulldog wrote:
This won't be possible, given that there are 3 factors that increase evolution.
You will definitely produce less pollution, but will never be zero.

Thanks

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

The latest update adds Fuel Emission Multipliers.
Bob Started this, so coal at 200% and Nuclear at 500% is from him.

The general idea is that raw fuels cause more pollution than processed.
Like to get some feedback on the below:

Thanks.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks.
The emission multipliers + BioIndustries mod might work extremely well in combination with the Next Gen Evolution mod.

There are many ways to use the new settings of that mod, but the one combination I really like is the one that lets you "go 100% green" by replacing evolution due to Pollution Produced and Time with evolution due to Pollution That ***Reaches*** the Spawners.

Using the various BioIndustries tools to reduce the pollution cloud - if you build right/ecologically - you should then be able to control pollution and at the extreme even keep evolution at 0%. Of course, if you fail to control pollution and it *does* touch the spawners the penalties can be quite severe.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:27 pm
TheSAguy wrote:

SNIP

Thanks.
The emission multipliers + BioIndustries mod might work extremely well in combination with the Next Gen Evolution mod.

There are many ways to use the new settings of that mod, but the one combination I really like is the one that lets you "go 100% green" by replacing evolution due to Pollution Produced and Time with evolution due to Pollution That ***Reaches*** the Spawners.

Using the various BioIndustries tools to reduce the pollution cloud - if you build right/ecologically - you should then be able to control pollution and at the extreme even keep evolution at 0%. Of course, if you fail to control pollution and it *does* touch the spawners the penalties can be quite severe.
I'm currently using Next Gen Evolution in my current play through. I also really like that concept.

I'm open to new recipe's / stuff to make Bio Industries even more green. So please let me know if you have any.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm
zOldBulldog wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:27 pm
TheSAguy wrote:

SNIP

Thanks.

I'm currently using Next Gen Evolution in my current play through. I also really like that concept.

I'm open to new recipe's / stuff to make Bio Industries even more green. So please let me know if you have any.
To allow the Next Gen to fully control evolution make sure to set the vanilla Time Factor and Evolution Factor to zero. Then use the mod's settings (defaults work) to control the rest.

That is, assuming you didn't already do that.

BioIndustries BioGardens should then work wonders to control the pollution cloud.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Here is the updated Emission Multipliers as of Version 0.17.22
Solid Fuel is at a neutral multiplier, so it will cause no additional pollution.

Thoughts...

Return to “Mods”