[Done] 5Dim's Trains

The place to share your custom game graphics.
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Done] 5Dim's Trains

Post by orzelek »

Now only thing we need is native support for roboport wagon and turret wagon so we don't need fake objects placed around :D

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:i have use the wagons ingame - but i see some improvments ^^
so i made it ...

standard-cargo, robo-wagon, laser-wagon

ImageImageImage

sheets *.zips
Standard Robo Laser

also i love the wagons too much, so i render a bigger image to make a wallpaper for me.
here is a clean variant, so you can make your wallpaper (click for big)
how i make this pics is shown in a video.
Wow, that looks amazing! You are an artist
I will include in next release
orzelek wrote:Now only thing we need is native support for roboport wagon and turret wagon so we don't need fake objects placed around :D
Hahahahaha
I hope factorio include it soon...

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have a question ^^
because ingame-locomotives runs on coal - and i don't like the original locomotive i attempt to make a new one. would you include this locomotive in your mod ?
(i also plan a adequate diesel- and electro- locomotive - but more older and american style )

rusty and clean looks like
ImageImage

test-pics different angle and rust ^^ - size is correct

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:i have a question ^^
because ingame-locomotives runs on coal - and i don't like the original locomotive i attempt to make a new one. would you include this locomotive in your mod ?
(i also plan a adequate diesel- and electro- locomotive - but more older and american style )

rusty and clean looks like
pics
test-pics different angle and rust ^^ - size is correct
pics
Looks so awesome, you are my hero!!

But I have a question about wheels, how wheels work when locomotive is moving?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

McGuten wrote: But I have a question about wheels, how wheels work when locomotive is moving?
i can make them move, but i'm not sure if factorio allow this. but maybe its like the tank-tracks or gun-turrets.
if it's not working this way i would cover half of the wheels and make a more streamline-look like the mallard.
the original-locomotive has 256 directions i would go with 128 or 64 ... and possible are 8 frames per line = 8 sheets at 64 directions ^^.

what do you think ?
Last edited by YuokiTani on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:
McGuten wrote: But I have a question about wheels, how wheels work when locomotive is moving?
i can make them move, but i'm not sure if factorio allow this. but maybe its like the tank-tracks or gun-turrets.
if it's not working this way i would cover half of the wheels and make a more streamline-look like the mallard.
the original-locomotive has 256 directions i would go with 128 or 64 ... and possible are 8 frames per line = 8 sheets at 64 directions ^^.

what do you think ?
Factorio dont allow it, And yes, when you give me images i use http://draeton.github.io/stitches/ for make 8 spritesheet 4x4 = 128 images
And the locomotive is sooo cool, i like it, i add on my mod, for sure ^^

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

8 frame sample - its a bit rough and not correct but works ;)

which one like you more rusty or clean ? - or some color-variant ?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:8 frame sample - its a bit rough and not correct but works ;)

But i cant add on factorio :/

I think is better cover half wheels and a i need both locomotive, rusty for coal locomotive and clean for electric locomotive.

Anyway that looks so good! :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

McGuten wrote:I think is better cover half wheels and a i need both locomotive, rusty for coal locomotive and clean for electric locomotive.
i have a better electric locomotive in my opinion, but still need some work.
but steam is usable
Image Image

zipped frames

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

YuokiTani wrote:8 frame sample - its a bit rough and not correct but works ;)

I'm no expert (as will be made clear :) ), but I've wanted to model the steam piston wheel assembly from old locomotives for some time. Some things that I think will help your model:
- The eccentric rod should only have one pivot other than it's attachment to the wheel and should be attached to the wheel at 90 degrees from the piston attachment - correction: my sketch oversimplified this - http://trumpetb.net/loco/rodsr.html - its still attached at 90 degrees (and phased at 90 degrees, not 180) but the eccentric rod needs to account for the vertical translation to the valve box - nevermind, carry on
- the tie rod should be connected directly to the piston wheel attachment (no reason to transfer all that stress through the first wheel)
- the piston assembly should have a guide. Otherwise, the cylinder would need to keep the piston rod from shifting vertically at it's first pivot which would cause a huge maintenance issue.

I don't have anything for the reversing rod or shifting mechanism, but those are detail items that would be hard to see at this scale anyhow.

I think rusty is predominant for Factorio.

Thank you for the great graphics!
Attachments
STEAM TRAIN PISTON.tiff
STEAM TRAIN PISTON.tiff (117.24 KiB) Viewed 35475 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

DerivePi wrote:I'm no expert (as will be made clear :) ), but I've wanted to model the steam piston wheel assembly from old locomotives for some time. Some things that I think will help your model:
- The eccentric rod should only have one pivot other than it's attachment to the wheel and should be attached to the wheel at 90 degrees from the piston attachment - correction: my sketch oversimplified this - http://trumpetb.net/loco/rodsr.html - its still attached at 90 degrees (and phased at 90 degrees, not 180) but the eccentric rod needs to account for the vertical translation to the valve box - nevermind, carry on
- the tie rod should be connected directly to the piston wheel attachment (no reason to transfer all that stress through the first wheel)
- the piston assembly should have a guide. Otherwise, the cylinder would need to keep the piston rod from shifting vertically at it's first pivot which would cause a huge maintenance issue.
I don't have anything for the reversing rod or shifting mechanism, but those are detail items that would be hard to see at this scale anyhow.
this piston, tie rod etc - graphics only to fill the space. the animation i made in around 40 min, and i had take the points i had to make it easy.
if i had planed to animate from begin i had set/modell some things complete different.
after i had rendered this animation i delete this by mistake - so i need to make a new one, if needed. and this time i promise i make it correct and fixing all the floating points.
if have somewhere on my harddrive a better/correct animation of cylinders. if i found i post a sample :)

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:
McGuten wrote:I think is better cover half wheels and a i need both locomotive, rusty for coal locomotive and clean for electric locomotive.
i have a better electric locomotive in my opinion, but still need some work.
but steam is usable
Image Image

zipped frames
Wow, looks so great! i will add in next release :P

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

as suggestion for e-locomotive

frames-zip

preview
ImageImageImage

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

YuokiTani wrote:as suggestion for e-locomotive

frames-zip

preview
images

Wow that looks so cool! i will include on next release ^^

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

I can't seem to find a download for 0.13 nor 0.12 anyone able to help me please?

Return to “Texture Packs”