Please add an option/tag to disable belt connections on a given side.
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:55 am
I'd like to be able to disable belt connections from the N/E/S/W direction for a given belt, and in addition, have a tag for disabling inserter interaction with a belt from a given side. Not sure if this is feasible, but I would very much like it, as it would enable a large number of modded possibilities. Different types of belts that can be made not to interact enables the addition of new item 'types'- molten channels that only transport lava that isn't quite a liquid, flat belts for small finished products, roller beds for large finished products, U-shaped/trough belts for loose rocky products... heck you could even get more creative with illusions, and make 'visible underground' belts, or belts that are 'armored' or have a wall on a given side that prevents merging/insertion for one reason or another. I understand that belts are heavily optimized in this game, but it feels like there is a ton of potential here if we can get some form of support for this.