75 hours into a Deathworld. Still on Nauvis, finally running science again.
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:14 am
I have about 4,000 hours in Factorio, but this run has been something else.
I’m working toward Keeping your hands clean, so I’ve been building “prisons” around the nests. The spawners stay, and turrets deal with whatever comes out. Some now have lasers planted right in the middle of them. Keeping all of that supplied and powered has become most of the game.
Science has been off for most of the run. Every time I think I can restart it, something else needs attention. Iron, steel, ammo, batteries. At one point an oil train ran out of fuel and blocked the mine. Took me a bit to figure out why production had fallen off a cliff.
I’ve also built a circuit-controlled power management system I call FEPS. It monitors accumulator charge and how quickly it’s falling, then sheds loads in stages to try to keep the grid alive. I’ve spent a fair amount of time working on that, and still managed to drain the batteries and have a prison break. There is apparently always another way to find the limits of your design.
Recent fighting has been around 435 biters a minute. I need to check the full-save total, but the amount of material going into keeping this place alive is ridiculous.
Today I finally built a fortified belt corridor out to another iron patch. Ammo goes out, ore comes home, and the whole thing runs past nests that are very much still occupied. Planned room for four ore belts, starting with two.
Now I need to expand steel and get the mall reliably making equipment again. But I have A lab running, laser research is moving, and it finally feels like I’m getting somewhere after 75 hours.
Blue chips, LDS, and rocket fuel are next. Eventually..
It’s exhausting. I love it.but to say the least the biters are back, and I need to keep these nests for later production
I’m working toward Keeping your hands clean, so I’ve been building “prisons” around the nests. The spawners stay, and turrets deal with whatever comes out. Some now have lasers planted right in the middle of them. Keeping all of that supplied and powered has become most of the game.
Science has been off for most of the run. Every time I think I can restart it, something else needs attention. Iron, steel, ammo, batteries. At one point an oil train ran out of fuel and blocked the mine. Took me a bit to figure out why production had fallen off a cliff.
I’ve also built a circuit-controlled power management system I call FEPS. It monitors accumulator charge and how quickly it’s falling, then sheds loads in stages to try to keep the grid alive. I’ve spent a fair amount of time working on that, and still managed to drain the batteries and have a prison break. There is apparently always another way to find the limits of your design.
Recent fighting has been around 435 biters a minute. I need to check the full-save total, but the amount of material going into keeping this place alive is ridiculous.
Today I finally built a fortified belt corridor out to another iron patch. Ammo goes out, ore comes home, and the whole thing runs past nests that are very much still occupied. Planned room for four ore belts, starting with two.
Now I need to expand steel and get the mall reliably making equipment again. But I have A lab running, laser research is moving, and it finally feels like I’m getting somewhere after 75 hours.
Blue chips, LDS, and rocket fuel are next. Eventually..
It’s exhausting. I love it.but to say the least the biters are back, and I need to keep these nests for later production