Page 1 of 1

[2.1.20] Factoriopedia shows incorrect rocket damage total (missing one damage bonus tier)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:58 am
by Eugene_Rymarev
Hello. I found a discrepancy in the displayed rocket damage in Factoriopedia.

Steps to reproduce:

Research rocket damage technologies up to a total bonus of +980% (per the technology tooltip, see screenshot).
Open Factoriopedia -> the "Rocket" item.
Check the total damage value shown.

Actual result: Factoriopedia shows 200 + 1.86k = 2060 total damage.

Expected result: With a base damage of 200 and a +980% bonus, the total should be 200 × 10.8 = 2160.

Additional note: The difference between the expected (2160) and shown (2060) value is exactly 100 - precisely half of the base damage (200 x 0.5), the same offset I observed earlier at +930% (expected 2060, shown 1960). This consistent 100-point gap suggests the displayed value is always one tier (+50%) behind the actual researched bonus.

Important: I checked with other players in the Factorio chat, and they don't have this issue - damage displays correctly for them. This might be a bug specific to my particular save (possibly related to the order in which technologies were researched, or a stale force-modifier state). Attaching my save file and screenshots to reproduce.

P.S. Can't upload save-file here - i get HTTP error. Save file will be on Google Drive in few minutes.
Screenshot 2026-09-27 132149.png
Screenshot 2026-09-27 132149.png (180.54 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Screenshot 2026-09-27 132204.png
Screenshot 2026-09-27 132204.png (499.08 KiB) Viewed 235 times

Re: [2.1.20] Factoriopedia shows incorrect rocket damage total (missing one damage bonus tier)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:20 am
by Eugene_Rymarev

Re: [2.1.20] Factoriopedia shows incorrect rocket damage total (missing one damage bonus tier)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:47 am
by SaboteurKiev
This is my friend. I have load his save and what is interesting, I see that in research tab and in bonus tab I see difference on this save:
09-27-2026, 13-47-20.png
09-27-2026, 13-47-20.png (254.45 KiB) Viewed 175 times

In my game both of them are identical.

Re: [2.1.20] Factoriopedia shows incorrect rocket damage total (missing one damage bonus tier)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:49 pm
by nGT
Doesn't research tab show the expected bonus AFTER this level would have been researched?

Re: [2.1.20] Factoriopedia shows incorrect rocket damage total (missing one damage bonus tier)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:10 pm
by boskid
I am not seeing any bugs in the provided save file. You are showing Stronger explosives 23 technology with modifier +50% [+980% -> +1030%] while Stronger explosives 22 technology is still being researched. Because Stronger explosives 22 was not yet researched, current modifier for rocket damage is +930% which means factoriopedia shows correct value.