Page 1 of 1
[2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:04 am
by Novie
What did you do?
While in Remove view - Locomotive, I held Ctrl and hovered the cursor over the track (reachable by the selected train).
What happened?
The temporary stop is created as expected when left-clicked, but the route preview showing the path the train will take is not visible.
In previous versions, hovering over the track while holding Ctrl would display the planned route from the train's current position to the temporary stop.

- Untitled.png (184.53 KiB) Viewed 472 times
What did you expect to happen instead?
I expected the train's planned route to be displayed as a preview before creating the temporary stop, as it was in previous versions.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
It happens consistently in version 2.1.20. The temporary stop can still be created, but the route preview is missing.
Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:10 am
by Genhis
Hello, I can't reproduce this. Please attach log.
Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:19 am
by Novie
Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 3:54 pm
by Rseding91
Can you post your config.ini file? I suspect some other hotkey is conflicting but without knowing what you have bound to what it's just a guess.
Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:11 pm
by Novie
I got annoyed by it and downloaded the ZIP version, where the issue did not occur. This indicated that something in my steam install was causing it. So I completely reinstalled the steam factorio install, disabled steam cloud data, and removed the factorio AppData folder. After reinstalling, the route preview is working as intended and I could no longer reproduce the issue.
Re: [2.1.20] Train temporary stop route preview is not visible
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:33 am
by Marco3102
I also have this issue.
Happend after I updated from 2.1.17 to 2.1.20.
Disabling all my mods didnt fix it. I didnt attempt it but by the sound of this thread it might be save undependent, so im not gonna add a save file now. config.ini and log should be attached.