Page 1 of 1

[2.1.19] Unable to create or assign logistics groups in my main save

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:56 pm
by epiccoleman
Steps to reproduce:
  • Open Inventory
    Click "Add Section" in Logistics pane. Group created named "[No group assigned]"
    Add some items to the group
    Click pencil icon to change name of group
    Type "new group" (or whatever)
    Click enter icon. Or press enter. Or press Ctrl-Enter. Or hold Ctrl and click enter icon.

Expected behavior: Group name changes from "[No group assigned]" to "new group"
Actual behavior: Group name does not change, no new group is created, group still named "[No group assigned]"

The same issue occurs in other places where you can open the Logistics pane. For example:
  • Open Space Platform View
    Click Hub to see space platform inventory pane
    Click "Add Section" in Logistics pane. Group created named "[No group assigned]"
    Add some items to the group
    Click pencil icon to change name of group
    Type "new group" (or whatever)
    Click enter icon. Or press enter. Or press Ctrl-Enter. Or hold Ctrl and click enter icon.
Expected behavior: Group name changes from "[No group assigned]" to "new group"
Actual behavior: Group name does not change, no new group is created, group still named "[No group assigned]"

Additionally, I am unable to select existing logistics groups in both the Space Platform and player Logistics pane:
  • Open Inventory
    Click "Add Section" in Logistics pane. Empty group created named "[No group assigned]"
    Click pencil icon to change name of group
    Click an existing group name
    Click enter icon. Or press enter. Or press Ctrl-Enter. Or hold Ctrl and click enter icon.
Expected: The group is added to the logistics requests in the pane
Actual: nothing happens. Left in the same state as before - with an empty "[No group assigned]" group.

---

Notably, testing this on a different save works fine - the player logistics pane behaves as expected when I perform the steps above. That test convinced me I wasn' just missing something and there seems to be a genuine issue here, so, bug report.

There are two mods on this save - Project Todo List and Project Notepad. I tried disabling them and loading the save, but the problem remains. Happy to make a log file without the mods if that would be of help.

Logs and save attached.

Re: [2.1.19] Unable to create or assign logistics groups in my main save

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:02 pm
by boskid
Not a bug.

You can type `/permissions`, select Default group and edit selected group where you will notice that "Change logistic point group" permission is disabled.

Re: [2.1.19] Unable to create or assign logistics groups in my main save

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:33 pm
by epiccoleman
Apologies - I am an idiot :)

Dumped player permissions as part of debugging and found that I was lacking `change_logistic_point_group`.

I can only assume I fat fingered it when I was disabling and then re-enabling crafting for the Lazy Bastard achievement.

100% user error.

Re: [2.1.19] Unable to create or assign logistics groups in my main save

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:34 pm
by epiccoleman
Thanks boskid, you beat me to it by 30 minutes. I reiterate that I am an idiot :)