Page 1 of 1

Game is on 2.0.77 but thinks it is still on version 2.0.73

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:58 pm
by Deffa
Hi,
I face a reocurring issue with the game update.
When I start the game I get the following update notification for an update from 2.0.73 to 2.0.77:
08-25-2026, 18-44-27.png
08-25-2026, 18-44-27.png (276.1 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Problem is, the game should already be on 2.0.77. When I attempt the update, it always fails with the following message:
08-25-2026, 18-49-36.png
08-25-2026, 18-49-36.png (200.37 KiB) Viewed 672 times
After this, the game still thinks it's on 2.0.73. This can be temporarily fixed by verifying the integrity of the game files in Steam. After the check, the game recognizes it's on 2.0.77. But this only works until the next PC reboot for some reason. The check also works when I do it without attempting the update beforehand.

I already tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and I tried to delete the

Code: Select all

ChunkPositionAndArea.html
file, thinking it might be corrupt. Nothing worked.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Re: Game is on 2.0.77 but thinks it is still on version 2.0.73

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:13 pm
by Rseding91
The in-game updater shouldn't be running when using the steam version of the game so something seems quite broken on your system.

Re: Game is on 2.0.77 but thinks it is still on version 2.0.73

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 6:34 pm
by Deffa
I did own the game pre-steam, and I haven't played for a long time before this issue occurred, but other than that, I didn't do anything special as far as I know.

Re: Game is on 2.0.77 but thinks it is still on version 2.0.73

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 6:53 pm
by Sanqui
How exactly are you launching Factorio? And please post the log file so we can take a closer look at what might be going on.

Re: Game is on 2.0.77 but thinks it is still on version 2.0.73

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 7:03 pm
by Deffa
I always launched the game from my desktop shortcut. But because of your question, I tried to launch it from steam and there I don't get the update popup and the game knows it's on 2.0.77.
Kinda obvious in hindsight that I should have tried this, but alas.
Thank you very much nonetheless!