Page 1 of 1

[2.1.14] docker image fails to clean start: build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 1:07 am
by Snoggles
I attempted to start the docker image on a clean filesystem by copy-pasting the example command from https://hub.docker.com/r/factoriotools/factorio.

Server fails to start with a smoking gun:

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /opt/factorio && \
sudo mkdir -p /opt/factorio && \
sudo chown 845:845 /opt/factorio && \
sudo docker run \
  -p 34197:34197/udp \
  -p 27015:27015/tcp \
  -v /opt/factorio:/factorio \
  --name factorio \
  --restart=unless-stopped \
  factoriotools/factorio
...
0.000 Error Util.cpp:81: Key "build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown" not found in property tree at ROOT.enemy_expansion
I expected the server to copy a valid default config file into place and start the server. Searching "build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown" leads to https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/typ ... h_cooldown, a new setting. I'm guessing that the default config is invalid. Since there's no default value for this key, I'm unsure what the default value should be to work around the issue.

Happens every time, including if I run a second time without wiping the filesystem. Reproducible on both arm64 and amd64.

I stepped back through versions until I found one that started:
factoriotools/factorio:2.1.14 ❌
factoriotools/factorio:2.1.13 ❌
factoriotools/factorio:2.1.12 ✅

Attached shell output showing error, logs from disk (that omit the error), and config files that were generated by 2.1.14.

Re: [2.1.14] docker image fails to clean start: build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:55 am
by morganc
It is documented here https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/con ... tings.html

Default value is 1800

Re: [2.1.14] docker image fails to clean start: build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 9:16 am
by Klonan
I have updated the example for the next release, sorry for any trouble

Re: [2.1.14] docker image fails to clean start: build_base_unit_dispatch_cooldown

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 11:38 am
by Roadkillcafe
I was able to get the server started by moving a single player save into the saves location called default.zip. That got it going for me, ran into some auth issues but just ran it offline since I've got a ddns address my friends can connect to. That's at least my work around for the time being since we wanted to play 2.1.14 using my separate server.