Page 1 of 1
Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 7:57 pm
by half a cat
Forum login was broken yesterday for at least several hours. Login produced the error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", reproducibly, on 3 different browsers. Today, login worked normally.
I ask that the forum maintainers look into the bug. Naturally I can't post while the problem is happening, so I'm posting about it now in case the underlying cause is still there.
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 11:47 pm
by danbopes
I did notice today that I had to relog in. I've been logged in for months with no issue visiting several times a week. Today, I was logged out.
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 12:40 am
by atomizer
can confirm, got logged out and couldn't log back in until now
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 12:55 am
by Rseding91
The forums have been under attack. What you're seeing are the side effects of attempts to mitigate it.
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 1:40 pm
by mmmPI
It appears that we can't see the "active topics" without being logged ever since unfortunatly.
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 3:42 am
by half a cat
I see, I appreciate the explanation.